Zip lining for kids

OnTheBrink

My kids are 7 and 11. They weigh 58 and 61 pounds. We'll be in Roatan in July and both would love to zip line. Is this an option for kids? Are there age/weight/height limits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did Roatan 3 years ago in 2009... I did the tour with Victor Bodden... did the zip line thing at his place with my kids.

My daughter was 5

11434_1246165563416_1507726387_30674369_4794420_n.jpg

My boys were 7 and 10, respectively.

11434_1246165523415_1507726387_30674368_4018150_n.jpg

11434_1246165283409_1507726387_30674362_5761983_n.jpg

What I remember being nice about that tour was that Bodden used a double cable for safety (as you can see in the one photo). The lines weren't at too much of an angle, so speed was not an isue, although sometimes they had to lump two kids together to get momentum enough to make it to the next platform.

11434_1246165403412_1507726387_30674365_7012368_n.jpg

Safety-wise... they didn't use helmets at the time. I don't know if that has changed over the past 3 years. Not even sure it would be necessary. The longest zip line was maybe 500 feet? Not HIGH ADVENTURE, but mild enough for the kids.

The youngest kid on our tour was 4... He zipped with his mom in the beginning, then with the guide, and by the end... he was zipping solo.

A good day.

My daughter who is 9 and 59 pounds zipped at South Shore Zip. It was fantastic and she cant wait to do it again. I highly recommend them for kids and they have a guide zip with them for there safety. We went with Christopher Tours and had a private driver all day. I suggest asking for Dario for your driver. He will protect you and your kids like you are family. Also there is a little monkey at South Shore they will bring out for the kids!

• 3 weeks later...

We did the zip line with Bodden last September. My daughter was 3 at the time. Even though their website said she would have to tandem with a parent, when we got to the first zip, she wanted to go by herself...and did. She did all of the zips by herself with the exception of 2 because she was so light that she would not make it to the end.

They do have you wear helmets there. ;)

IMG5220-M.jpg

IMG5226-M.jpg

IMG5232-M.jpg

IMG5233-M.jpg

Needless to say...she had a BLAST!!

We did a Victor Bodden tour Dec 2010. My family of 5 had a blast. They said my youngest, was they youngest they ever had. He ziplined tandem with me and he was 26 months old! They even had a helmet for him. My 5 year old and 12 year old went - no issues at all. Have fun.

My kids are 7 and 11. They weigh 58 and 61 pounds. We'll be in Roatan in July and both would love to zip line. Is this an option for kids? Are there age/weight/height limits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Bodden zip line in January 2012. There are helmets, for children and adults. The lines are not high or long, and there is no breaking...all you do is hold onto the machinery loading you on the line and that's it.

I did the course with my almost 7yo (55lbs) and he was fine. I am a stickler for safety, and while I recognize there are inherent risks in hanging yourself off a piece of metal wire (!), I felt comfortable taking him. My 4 yo (35lbs) could have gone with me in tandem, but he didn't want to go which was fine with me.

Archived