Geoff Caye Question

demos

Has anyone done this excurion thru Carnival? We are going in four weeks and are considering Geoff Caye. I would appreciate your input. I have a large group going with me advice in advance would really help! Thanks!

Group Cruise Carnival Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;08;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we Howl with the Hounds Mariner of the Seas!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

New Years cruise on Carnival Triumph

Just did this excusion last week and it was GREAT!

My wife and I just found an operator at the dock off the tender. I'm pretty sure the name was Spash Wave. They charged us $30.00 per person. Normally it would be $35.00 but we had our own snorkling gear. We wanted a good snorkle trip and was reading how bad the reef was at Geoff Caye on the boards but we took a chance anyway and were glad we did.

They took us back past where the ships were anchored in a partially covered boat. When we arrived at Geoff Caye they stopped at shore to drop off those who wanted to just do the beach. Then they took us to the reef for about 45 minutes. The snorkling was very good and this is from someone who has snorkled some of the best locations in the Carribean over the past 20 years. I'm not saying it was the best but you will not be dissappointed. Lots of coral and small fish-good variety.

After this we returned to the beach. Not much in the way of facillities (just the essentials) food, bathrooms and sand!

If you didn't snorkle off the boat you can do so from the shore as I also did. Not as good as off the boat but OK. I just don't like to lay on a beach and do nothing. I went off the side where the boats landed. It was shallow but it got pretty good out past the sea grass. Just ask one of the crew to direct you.

On the return the boat dropped us right back on our ship. This saved at least 45 minutes.

On another note we were with a group of 10 and the others took the water taxi to Caulker Caye because they just wanted a beach without snorkling. They were really dissappointed. But that's another story and I don't have time to get into it now.

Hope you enjoy!!!

Thank you so much for your response!! I have been check every day and nothing! I was begining to worry about my choice!! I apperciate you going into detail as you answered many questions!!

One question though...How long did you get to stay at the beach after snorkling? Thank you!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;08;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi demos,

I don't remember exactly but I think it was somewhere between 1-2 hours.

My wife just sat on the beach while I snorkled some more. When I'm in the water I loose all track of time!

Hope this helps.

Glad you had a good time on this tour, we did not have as much fun at all....the part of the reef they took us to was mostly brown, with little tiny pocket reefs...if you do go, i would wear water shoes as there were a lot of rocks under the sand, especially where the boats dock....the island was pretty though!!!

Wendy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;27;4;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 until we sail the Grand!!!

Elation - 12/28/03

Celebration - 12/21/02

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to post back that we did this excursion and it was GREAT!!!

The island is beautiful out in the middle of the ocean. The water was so beautiful it did not look real. The snorkling was wonderful saw a huge eagle ray and many types of fish. There is a grill on the island and you can buy shishkaboabs for 3.00. The island is one acre and has about 8 palm trees. I could have stayed here longer.

Next time we go to Belize I will do this again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this on their own? If so, how? We did Coral Breeze last time and had a great trip to Caye Caulker. But thought I would try something at a different location this time. Any ideas, anyone? We do not like to do the ship excursions-too crowded and too much $.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;9;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until I cruise on the Elation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;25;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until I cruise on the Ecstacy

Ecstacy 11/25/04

Elation 12/28/03,9/26/04

Celebration 9/5/03

Carnival Conquest 5/18/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 5/02

Norwegian Sea 12/31/99

There is some shade if you get to a spot early under one of those 8 palm trees...so no, there is not a large quantity of shade.

We did this tour last year and had a blast...we left directly from the ship and headed straight out to the Caye. We opted to snorkel from the boat at first and it is definately much better than from the beach (although if you have young kids...off the beach would work...very shallow and grassy but you can swim and, in some places crawl along with your hands, among small, colorful fish.

The snorkeling is much better off the boat...our tour guide, Mary, was great...keeping everyone together and pointing our interesting sites. Many people started to tire (there was a current) and headed back to the beach. Mary asked if anyone wanted to continue to snorkel and 4 of us said yes...we had our own private tour and she pointed out many colorful fish, flounder, manta ray, fire coral, and even a swordfish.

Back on the beach, beware of these crazy little crabs that suddenly pop up out of the sand. They were a riot and the kids enjoyed playing with them. The shish kebabs smelled wonderful, although we didn't try any, and we opted to buy some soft drinks. We could see a huge storm brewing on the horizon so most of the boats filled up and headed back. We have incredible pictures of this black storm as a backdrop for this small island. We did beat the storm back to the ship! All in all, I would do this tour again.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2003;7;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Inspiration 7/20

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Off to Paradise 6/27/04

Would you suggest this for a family with 3 kids, ages 13, 10, and 6? My oldest will want to snorkel, and the 10 yr. old might want to as well. The youngest will want to look with her mask a bit, but I'm not sure if she'll be scared snorkeling from a boat. Of course we'd all have life preservers. I want something we can all enjoy without being split into 2 groups the entire time.

Hello! Every body, we went to Belize and did the cavetubing with Marvin Wet n' wild, however some of my friends went to Goff's caye, we booked our excursion way ahead and had a great time, his company also operates an excursion to this Island I am sure they are very dependable the half of our group that went to do the snorkeling were very satisfied!! the Island is very small though a few palm trees, beeaauutiful!! white sandy beach can't ask for any better than that we paid $60.00 for the cavetubing and $40.00 for the goff's caye trip definately we would do it again, their link is http://www.belizeshoretours.com

thank you! for taking care of us Marvin,

Jeff,

jeff - i checked "belizeshoretours" website and nothing shown for

goff's caye. i will e-mail them for info. do you need to book in

advance or can you book at the pier?

larry

Hi!Larry,

I didn't pay much attention to the different tour descriptions on their site however if you e-mail them I am sure they will provide you with all the information you need, also you are better off booking ahead of time we 20% deposit and a refund was guaranteed! if the tour would have been cancelled incase of weather conditions.

We did the Goff's Caye excursion from Celebrity & it was wonderful.. a little scary at first as you take a high speed cigarette boat to the middle of nowhere-- and they stop & make you sign waivers-- ok, no turning back! But once you see the island pop up in distance, its phenomenal. Loved it, the people running the tour were so friendly. I want to do it again in Sept but notice Royal Carib does not offer. Anyway, if you've always wanted to spend day on your very own desert island on the pristine coral reef- this is the trip for you. I did it w/ my mom & dad in their late 60s & everyone loved it. Also, they took us back to town vs going to boat so we were able to see the tourist village- nice touch. I loved Belize.

• 1 month later...

We are trying to decide between doing Goff Caye on our own or the following excursion with Star Tours. We are on Elation in early November. Here is the tour from Star Tours"

"I'm sure you'll have a great time on our Cruise Passenger Tour, the Shark Ray Alley we have is right on the Reef, you will also Snorkel the Coral Gardens and Swash or North Channel. We'd be happy to book this for you. We will pick you up where you are tendered, transport you via water taxi to Caye Caulker, take you on the tour and drop you off where you are tendered back to your ship. This will cost $45.00 US per person including water, fruits, light snacks, transportation, and equipment. Email me if you have any other questions."

Our desire is to experience the best reef system & marine life. Anyone out there snorkeled at these locations? What would you recommend? Where is the best snorkelling? Thank you!

Archived