Bus Route Question

vavasmom

The first #7 bus from the dockyard in the morning (8:20) is noted as "we" - West End School Route not serving Somerset Main Road between Cricket Lane and Sound View Road.

Our cruise is in late June - according to the web Bermuda schools will still be in session. We are trying to go to Horseshoe Beach early in the morning.

- Will this bus work for Horseshoe

-How much time does using the school route add

Would we be better off waiting the extra half hour for the 8:50?

I don't know how much time the school route would take but personally, I would not take that bus. There will be children on the bus, not that they misbehave, they certainly don't. Bermuda does not have a school bus system like in the US. so these children need to be on the buses. Also, there will be commuters going to work. Bermuda kindly asks that people, we tourists, try to avoid using the buses during morning and afternoon rush hours.

There always have been "Express Buses" parked at the dockyard. They go directily to Horseshoe Bay without any stops. I believe there are available most of the time right off the ship. Their sign says "Express". Just say good morning to the driver and ask the question. He will be happy to answer you and get you to the beach ASAP.

Thanks - I had read about the express buses but was under the impression they did not run until 10am. We only have 1 full day (arrive at 3pm Sunday and depart at noon Tuesday) so I want to have the full am at the beach

There always have been "Express Buses" parked at the dockyard. They go directily to Horseshoe Bay without any stops. I believe there are available most of the time right off the ship. Their sign says "Express". Just say good morning to the driver and ask the question. He will be happy to answer you and get you to the beach ASAP.

Are the express buses included in the three day "bus passes/ferry" pass that

can be purchased for $28?

Look for "Special" buses. These go to the beaches. When we got on the early #7 bus, we were told "only 10" because the bus was picking up school children. When he found out we wanted to go to the Beach Glass beach, he let two more people on. This early bus stops at every bus stop.

Archived