ParrotHead Snorkel Coral Breeze 3/22/04

seabum

Hey Everyone,

Here is a brief review of the Parrothead Snorkel Trip from the Carnival Legend Monday 03/22/04:

Thanks to some help form our group leader (BJ) all 120 of us were able to tender off together before the general tendering started. This was a big help in getting everyone ashore in a timely manner.

Once we reached the tourism village there was Eric and his staff ready to great us.

Though the weather wasn't cooperating everything went off with out a hitch.

We were grouped into groups of 10 per guide and sent off to one of the four boats to be used that day.

The ride out to the site was uneventful - except for the free flowing rum punch and Jimmy Buffett music.

We first landed on Caye Caulker to drop off a lunch order and get the snorkel gear. As the weather was still iffy this also turned into a beer break. Well by the time everyone had hit the bathrooms and gotten their gear the sun came out so it was off to the reef.

We snorkeled at two different sites Shark Ray Alley and then Coral Gardens.

Though we did see numerous sharks from the boat they did scatter once we hit the water. I beleive that some of our group got to see them but personally I did not. Our guide for the day was great in pointing out the various species as well as keeping us all together.

Upon return to the boat - we were overrun by al the stingrays. Always a thrill to swim with them.

After an unevetful second snorkel stop it was back to Caye Caulker.

Here Coral Breeze had a restaurant open up specially for us (normally closed on Mondays) The meal was more than we could eat - (local steamed chicken with rice and beans, plantians etc) plus the atmosphere was great litterally over the water on a covered deck with the Buffett music blasting a few spontanious conga lines broke out.

After eating we had some free time to explore the island and do a little shopping.

Unfortunatley with this large of a group it takes more time to do everything. and our shopping time was cut short a little but we still managed support the local economy.

As the day wound down we hopped back into the boat for the trip back to Belize City. Here we still had time to browse the local shops that make up the tourism village while waiting on the last tenders back to our ship.

Over all I cannot thank Eric, Paul and all the others at Coral Breeze enough. They were able to manage our very large group with no issues at all. The weather even cooperated. It was sunny while we were out at the reefs while it poured rain all day in BZ City.

From begining to end this was a great day - with minimul confusion ("snorkels to the left cave tubers to the right") and a hghlight of our trip.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any specific quesitons.

THanks to everyone who joined us,

Mark W

Atlanta PH Club

Carnival Legend (03 20 2004)

Golden Princess (2003)-Norwegian Sea (2002)-

Grand Princess (2001)-

Statendam (HAL) (2000)-

Island Breeeze (Premier)(1999) - Norwegian Sky (1999)-

Veendam (HAL) (1998)-

Dawn Princess (1997)-

Costa Victoria (1996)-

Crown Princess (1995) -

Regal Princess (1994 + 1995)-Star Princess (1993)-

HI thanks for the post, WE are doing that already booked in 30 days! Did you have any probelms getting to the ship one time? Our tour is over at 2 Belieze time, which I believe will be 4 ship time and the ship leaves at 5. thnaks any other suggestions for this tour? How was the ride in the cb boat? thanks

my first cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 holiday family cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The only thing I would suggest is to wear a t-shirt when snorkeling - the water acts like a magnifying glass and its very easy to get a nast sunburn on your back. (being in the water you dont realize how hot it really is)

Also - I would pick up a couple of the Fuji underwater cameras form Walmart. These run +/- $7.50 each and can be as high as $25 at the dive shops.

We had no issues either getting off of or back to the Cruise Ship. Eric is very concious of the ships tendering times.

Have fun - wish I was going back.

Lastly - for info on the Parrothead cruise group check out www.parrotheadcruise.com

Carnival Legend (03 20 2004)

Golden Princess (2003)-Norwegian Sea (2002)-

Grand Princess (2001)-

Statendam (HAL) (2000)-

Island Breeeze (Premier)(1999) - Norwegian Sky (1999)-

Veendam (HAL) (1998)-

Dawn Princess (1997)-

Costa Victoria (1996)-

Crown Princess (1995) -

Regal Princess (1994 + 1995)-Star Princess (1993)-

Archived