Italian restaurant on Magic (and Breeze)

jsjjkelly

Hi all!

I was just looking through John Heald's blog site and read his write up of the new Italian restaurant that's $11 per person, $5 for kids. Was wondering if anyone has tried it on the Magic, and what they thought? And now it's going to be on the Breeze.

Also, we were thinking this may be a nice alternative to doing one of the formal nights. Any idea when the formal nights will be on the Breeze's 8 day itinerary? Or how to find that out?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

Hi all!

I was just looking through John Heald's blog site and read his write up of the new Italian restaurant that's $11 per person, $5 for kids. Was wondering if anyone has tried it on the Magic, and what they thought? And now it's going to be on the Breeze.

Also, we were thinking this may be a nice alternative to doing one of the formal nights. Any idea when the formal nights will be on the Breeze's 8 day itinerary? Or how to find that out?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

Usually on a sea day but you might post the question on johns fb page.

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

I've heard it will be the second night and the second to last night on the Breeze's 8-day itinerary. Kind of curious myself if this is true -- this is our ship and our itinerary, too. :D

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

I ate at Cucina del Capitano on the Magic and it's $12 not $11 for adults.

Overall it was good, not as good as some of our local Italian restaurants, but very much worth the upcharge.

I had the Pasta Carbonara and was frankly disappointed that it didn't have more of a Pancetta or Bacon flavor. I thought the Carbonara in the MDR was better. My sister really enjoyed her meal.

The first elegant evening is usually going to be day 2 or 3 and the last one is usually day 5 or 6. I think it's a great option for the 2nd elegant evening but I would find out as soon as I got on the ship and call for reservations right then.

We tried it for lunch and really liked it so checked the dinner menu. Most of the items were very meaty (we are not red meat eaters) so opted not to try the upcharge evening meal.

BTW, you can eat there free for lunch in which you choose your pasta, sauce and something else.

Thanks everyone! I'll go post it on John's FB page and see what he says. His blog says you can email in your reservation. We were just thinking this was something nicer than the Lido for dinner if we didn't want to dress up.

Shawn

Also, we were thinking this may be a nice alternative to doing one of the formal nights. Any idea when the formal nights will be on the Breeze's 8 day itinerary?

The formal nights should be on nights 2 & 7, which are both sea days. Days 3-6 is when you're visiting ports, so formal nights are usually not on those days and of course, it's never on the last night.

BTW, you can eat there free for lunch in which you choose your pasta, sauce and something else.

At lunchtime, was it sit down and order off of a menu for what you wanted or was it set up similar to the Mongolian Wok where you waited in line for your pasta to be made for you.

Archived