Lectures, enrichment aboard Jewel?

jasbo49

Greetings, everyone:

My wife and I are booked on the Jewel May 26 from Seattle, touring Alaska. Does NCL, and in particular Jewel, have any kind of educational offerings to tell us about the glaciers and geology of the area? Or the people and history? We've been on cruises with Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Princess, and only Princess had any kind of enrichment that I remember.

Also I'm curious whether we should anticipate rough edges due to this being the Jewel's first Alaska trip after spending the winter elsewhere. Are a few problems normal as the ship and crew acclimate to a new route?

Jim

I'm interested to hear this answer as well. We cruised Alaska last year with Celebrity aboard the Infinity. They had Brent Nixon on board and he really made the trip for us! He definitely knows his stuff and is so animated that he really gets you excited about what you are seeing and learning. I am hoping that the Jewel has someone comparable.

Archived