Another passport question

Cruzayear

I am applying for passports for my family and I was wondering if I should also obtain the passport card? What is the purpose of it? If their is an emergency on land out of the country and I have to be flown back home won't I still need the book anyway? :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

If you are getting the book, skip the card.

People who get BOTH cross the border by car frequently and want a wallet sized card for ease.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

If you are getting the book, skip the card.

People who get BOTH cross the border by car frequently and want a wallet sized card for ease.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

Ditto.

Thank you all for your prompt responses! I opted to obtain the book only, I was just wondering why anyone would obtain both but you answered my questions.

We are going to take our photos at the Walgreens this weekend and I have filled out the filled in documents. I am so excited mostly for my children because becoming international travelers so young. I was in my 30's before I ever left the country on a cruise of course ;)

Just make sure that when the Photo is done there is no glare from any glasses. I had to have mine taken without glasses because every time they took it you could not see my eyes due to the glare. CVS store got real frustrated when I came back the 4th time. I finally asked the Immigration person at my local Post Office what to do. She said take off the glasses and take it that way.

Just make sure that when the Photo is done there is no glare from any glasses. I had to have mine taken without glasses because every time they took it you could not see my eyes due to the glare. CVS store got real frustrated when I came back the 4th time. I finally asked the Immigration person at my local Post Office what to do. She said take off the glasses and take it that way.

Thanks for the tip:D

Archived