Just have hours before boarding

sportsmum

We fly into Newark the night before we sail out of Bayonne. My 'free' hotel in Manhattan doesn't have availability so we are loosey goosey on where to stay. It can be Jersey or NYC now.

My question is: will there be time to go into New York City on the Sunday before boarding the Summit in June? She leaves at 4PM so latest I'd feel comfortable boarding would be 2:30PM.

We leave out of Newark too. Flight is at 5PM so at the airport by 3PM (international). Are there any private tours that anyone knows of that we could take along with our luggage?

Thanks for any help - this is a last minute trip and I think New York is the part I am most excited about!

The absolute latest you can board is 2:30!!! If you arrive later, you will be denied boarding, so don't even consider cutting it close.

There's a 3* midtown central hotel for $171 and a 4* downtown hotel for $151 on Hotwire in Manhattan. Was there something special you wanted to do in NYC? When you get to Newark you can take a cab, car service, or airport bus to Manhattan. Book a car service to pick you up no later than 12-12:30 on Sunday. If you stay downtown, you will be closer to Bayonne. Be sure to pay attention to the traffic reports Sunday morning to be sure there are no problems with the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel.

If you stay at Newark, there's really not enough time to go into Manhattan, get back to your hotel, and get your luggage on Sunday morning.

We fly into Newark the night before we sail out of Bayonne. My 'free' hotel in Manhattan doesn't have availability so we are loosey goosey on where to stay. It can be Jersey or NYC now.

My question is: will there be time to go into New York City on the Sunday before boarding the Summit in June? She leaves at 4PM so latest I'd feel comfortable boarding would be 2:30PM.

We leave out of Newark too. Flight is at 5PM so at the airport by 3PM (international). Are there any private tours that anyone knows of that we could take along with our luggage?

Thanks for any help - this is a last minute trip and I think New York is the part I am most excited about!

NO...2:30 is the latest you'll be allowed to board! You should really plan to get there much earlier.

No...you shouldn't try to go to NY on Sunday if you're staying at a hotel in NJ. Why not plan to be on board by noon and enjoy a leisurely lunch and afternoon aboard the ship?

If you want a tour that will take your luggage upon disembarkation and eventually take you to the airport, you need to check if your cruise line offers any excursions.

Archived