What have you seen from your balcony that was unusual

Not an unusual sight from the balcony, but rather an unusual smell. :p As we were leaving Jamaica, I got more than a whiff of the same smell we caught on the Jamacian tour bus in Fern Gully! Good thing they didn't get caught with their purchase since we heard the Jamaican jail isn't much fun.

We were docking in Coxen Hole , Roatan, and there was a small boat with some guys that secure the mooring ropes, and the captain hit the aft thruster, causing the boat to capsize and sink immediately, and it blew the two guys about 50 yards away. There were gas cans and all kinds of floating debris. One of the workers looked as if he could not stay afloat , and about that time the harbor guy got to him with his boat and got him safely onboard. Not sure who was at fault , but pretty scary..

Cozumel. Carnival Fascination. 2002.

I was on a tour, so the sighting is my roommate's fault.

In 90F/30+C degree weather, passenger in full wool kit and kilt got off the ship - with his bagpipes - and played for 20 -30 minutes on the pier.

In 90F/30+C degree weather, passenger in full wool kit and kilt got off the ship - with his bagpipes - and played for 20 -30 minutes on the pier.

.......but a true Scot has no undies on.....at least the "package" was cooler.....TMI I know......:D

I hope with bagpipes...poster meant the musical instrument and not the other...surprise the wind didn`t blow up the kilt like Marilyn Monroe`s famous pose. That will be a sight to behold...

Our first balcony, last January on the Liberty OTS, while docked at Labadee ... a group of crewmembers doing some kind of lifeboat drill in the water. Our cabin attendant told us they were new, and everyone has to do this type of drill when they first sign on. They looked like they were having fun.

175.jpg.5095415959647f8989ce9bb1f2045180.jpg

Very early morning arrival at Nassau, docking alongside one of the Disney ships.

About a dozen Disney crew members in character costumes, including Cinderella out on the deck having a smoke and drinking from a few bottles of Corona...

:)

On my very first cruise in 1987 we were sailing on RCCL (then) Song of America on the Eastern Carribean route, we came accross a small boat of Cuban refugees. The ship made a quick about face and stopped and picked up about 8 people and brought them back to Miami.....On another note, I was a very drunken pier runner once in Mazatlan, way before all the security restrictions I almost nearly got on the wrong ship. If it wasn't for some good friends, who knows what ship I might have got on :)

Archived