Questiono about Cozumel weather

Dizzneefan

We are not folks that go on cruises every year (as you can tell by my signature we prefer other spots). However, we have been on about 10 trips, but never to Cozumel or Progresso. Next month we are taking a family trip to those spots and in looking at their weather forecast over the past few weeks, it seems that almost every day has a 60% chance of rain. Is this more of the afternoon showers that blow away, or should i be getting a little concerned? I know weather forecasting is a hit or miss science and can change rapidly, much less 10 days out, but was wondering just the same.

BTW the topic should be Question"s" not Questiono lol

I've been to Cozumel 6 times and never once encountered any rain. I guess I was just lucky.

However, it's rained twice on me in Playa del Carmen. Once in the morning, once in the evening throughout the night.

So like any place else, it can happen at any time.

I think if you check the weather in the Caribbean every day, you're going to almost always see rain in the forecast. In tropical climates, they get rain on most days. However, it usually comes for a very short time and then passes.

I once spent 6 weeks in Puerto Rico on business. It was kind of humorous how every afternoon people carried an umbrella with them. Almost like clockwork, it would pour each afternoon for 10-15 minutes, then it would be beautiful out again. I kind of enjoyed the predictability of the weather.

my guess is that if you travel in their rainy season you will see a chance of rain daily. If you travel in dry season it is less likley to happen daily. No weather guy here but travelling down South in the Summer with humidity, there will likely be a good chance of rain every day due to daytime heating...

Archived