Looking for Someone who's been to Ronne

roothy123

I am trying to determine if Ronne, on the Danish island of Bornholm, is a tender port. It looks to be a fairly small city without huge docks, so I'm assuming we probably tender. Would anyone know, and if so, where the tender location is? Thanks.

Thanks. That's very helpful. I also looked at Visby, including the information about it, and scared myself when I read that seas can be rough around there and some ships don't make it. I sure hope we make it in there, as Visby looks enchanting. Then again, Ronne, does too.

Anyway, thanks. I have not run across the whatsinport site before!

We were in Ronne two years ago and enjoyed finding the only internet cafe and talking to locals. But when we returned to the pier we found very enthusiastic people who had taken one of the O excursions (probably Best of Bornholm). Apparently smoked fish was involved.

Yes, there are smoke houses everywhere, I hear, and art glass is big, too. That Best of Bornholm does sound like a great excursion - eating, drinking, nice drive in the country, what's not to like?!

We were in Ronne last year. We had tentatively booked a rental car with Avis, but met a cab driver outside of the port office, who took us on a tour of the island. It was very scenic. We stopped to observe the fish smoking, several villages with artisans and galleries, and the art glass studio. I don't recall the cost definitively. There were four of us and I'm thinking it was around 200 Euros for about 4 hours. Very reasonable and very informative.

Also, there was a shuttle from the port into the main street of Ronne, but as Wripro notes little to do there.

Have a wonderful time!

We were in Ronne last year on the Marina. Although the port is small, it has a large dock so no tendering required. Unfortunately, it was a holiday and little was open. The town is quite pretty and we enjoyed walking around.

We were unable to visit Visby because of high seas so it turned into improptu sea day--which is no hardship on the Marina!

Archived