Tracy arms

usaspire

Hi. My trip iteneriay for June says that we will be in Tracy Arm from 7am-noon.

Any suggestions on what we can do in those few hours. I tried looking on Royal c. website but, it does not give any information for this stop?

Is this even a real stop or we we just sailing though the glacier?

Any suggestions on what we can do in those few hours. I tried looking on Royal c. website but, it does not give any information for this stop?

Generally, it's just sailing into, around, and out of Tracy Arm. The glacier is pretty much as far in as you can go into the arm.

:)

Sailing into Tracy Arm fjord is absolutely gorgeous. Unlike the inside passage you will see walls of rock on either side.

Hopefully you will get close enough to see the glacier. If not, enjoy the view on the way.

You might look at the shore excursions out of Juneau - there is often something called the Tracy Arm Explorer - this is a small boat tour that in your case would board near the glacier before the cruise ship leaves and then takes you up close to the glaciers and the rest of the fjord. You will rejoin the cruise ship in Juneau. If Juneau is not your next stop after Tracy Arm then this tour will not be offered. It is something that you must book through the cruise line.

If it is not offered, then kick back and enjoy the wildlife and scenery of the Fjord - you will wonder how that big ship can make some of those turns :D

RCCL does not offer the excursion that I mentioned above - they do Tracy Arm after Skagway - however the small boat tour is offered out of Juneau - however it will probably take the entire time you are in port. Look at Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - JU76

You should check your ship board offered excursions or the one for the Port prior/after the sailing, my guess you dock in Juneau from 1pm or so till late in the evening. Often there is an add on excursion on many sailings that they list by ports, and in this case it would be the Juneau Port.

The excursion is on a much smaller boat, few amenities like food etc. So if you do this get a big breakfast. The smaller boat excursionis well worth it as you will get closer to the cliffs, waterfalls, and the glacier if it isn't blocked by ice flows.

Archived