Seward Timing Question

sarboo1120

Hi all-

I have a question about getting off the cruise boat. I am sailing on the Millennium and it docks in Seward at 4 am on August 17th. I am interested in doing a (non-refundable) kayak excursion but need to be in downtown Seward at the kayak office by 7:15 am to catch the water taxi. I spoke with a Celebrity rep on the phone and she said that we could ask to leave the ship early when we board and that we should be okay. Since I am newer to crusing, I thought I'd ask your opinion if you think I can get through customs, grab a taxi, and make it there in time? Thanks in advance!

Hi all-

I have a question about getting off the cruise boat. I am sailing on the Millennium and it docks in Seward at 4 am on August 17th. I am interested in doing a (non-refundable) kayak excursion but need to be in downtown Seward at the kayak office by 7:15 am to catch the water taxi. I spoke with a Celebrity rep on the phone and she said that we could ask to leave the ship early when we board and that we should be okay. Since I am newer to crusing, I thought I'd ask your opinion if you think I can get through customs, grab a taxi, and make it there in time? Thanks in advance!

Hello, just to clarify, you mentioned a water taxi so that makes me wonder if you are you meeting at the boat harbor in Seward specifically, or Lowell Point? I was only aware of the water taxi out of Lowell Point, but it is a new year so maybe they have expanded water taxi service. I would say 7:15am is cutting it too close if indeed you need to get to Lowell point. If you meet at Kenai Fjords ranger station at the small boat harbor you would make it if you can get off the ship and thru customs by 6:45am. Note: I would also say the arrival time is a projection.

Actually you should have NO problem making this tour, even if it is from Lowell Point, which I also would agree, probabaly is. You can walk yourself off the ship after 6am, when they "open". BUT, verify this, with this season's visitors, as changes can always occur, but it is has been this way for years. I would suggest you use the self disembark feature, and carry off all your own bags.

The "problem" be your transportation. I would suggest you arrange a cab pick up in advance.

Archived