Why has Oasis docked differently?

just looking at the webcam, Oasis seems to have come alongside the dock from a different side today, does anyone know why? usually on the cam you can see the aft and climbing walls of Oasis/Allure.

The usual reason is to allow the lifeboats to be lowered on the other side of the ship. It is a requirement to drop all lifeboats monthly. Hope this helps.

Had the OP checked earlier, they would have noticed that the starboard lifeboats were lowered and away, but are now (close to sailaway) back to being stowed.

Explorer Of The Seas usually backs into Bayonne, NJ (Cape Liberty) today, it just pulled right in then had to back out at 4pm, I did notice that on Oasis too, I fell asleep at my desk during EOS's backing out, missed the whole gosh darn thing!

Ok I love all you RC posters but WOW get a life! Go out and grab some sunshine HA HA HA

I think my hubby parked his truck 5 degrees off of where he usually parks it. I wonder if it is mafia related? ;)

(only kidding ~ tomorrow I have made a date with the everglades webcam. I want to see what a REAL ship looks like when it comes in :p )

just looking at the webcam, Oasis seems to have come alongside the dock from a different side today, does anyone know why? usually on the cam you can see the aft and climbing walls of Oasis/Allure.

This week for RCI is all ships dock differntly week.:rolleyes:

When the Oasis and Allure dock usually, they dock "Starboard side to", ie. Starboard side of the ship to the dock. Occasionally, they dock "Port side to" which allows them to drop the Starboard side lifeboats for routine inspection and maintenance. Very observant to notice!!!

The usual reason is to allow the lifeboats to be lowered on the other side of the ship. It is a requirement to drop all lifeboats monthly. Hope this helps.

The lifeboats were dropped on the port side last week.

So makes sense they do the starboard side this week.

oh come on... it was a little funny!!!

At the very least I deserve an A for having the most creative answer:D

I'll give you both! But still think the vacation won't come fast enough. ;)

BTW, my offer to take a photo of where you are when Oasis sails next Saturday still stands - I just need to know where to point the camera (and if I need to have the 100-400 :eek:)

I'll give you both! But still think the vacation won't come fast enough. ;)

BTW, my offer to take a photo of where you are when Oasis sails next Saturday still stands - I just need to know where to point the camera (and if I need to have the 100-400 :eek:)

I must have missed that offer?! hmmm thinking I might have missed the post?

Need to go back and look!

I must have missed that offer?! hmmm thinking I might have missed the post?

Need to go back and look!

You didn't miss the post, just part of the message (I was suggesting you look into the 18-200 EF-S IS lens as it might cover a majority of travel needs, you replied you like the Tamron - which, BTW, is a good lens and probably has a better macro than the 18-200, but does lack the extra zoom and IS - but this is all subjective and personal preference).

I found your post and responded. I don't know how I missed it before :rolleyes:

We are going to be on deck 16 at the Sky Bar. There are a few folks from my roll call meeting there after muster. I wrote down where you will be and I will see what I can get! Hopefully neither ship will need to adjust their bra and will instead dock normally :p

I found your post and responded. I don't know how I missed it before :rolleyes:

We are going to be on deck 16 at the Sky Bar. There are a few folks from my roll call meeting there after muster. I wrote down where you will be and I will see what I can get! Hopefully neither ship will need to adjust their bra and will instead dock normally :p

Keep in mind, I am leaving on Oasis on Saturday, you are leaving on Allure on Sunday. I was suspecting (like many do) you would arrive in FLL on Saturday and might catch Oasis on her departure. By Sunday, I will be far into the ocean and don't think my telephoto is that good. But I would happily point my camera somewhere else on the FLL skyline as we depart on Saturday to get a photo of people that are awaiting Allure the next day.

Keep in mind, I am leaving on Oasis on Saturday, you are leaving on Allure on Sunday. I was suspecting (like many do) you would arrive in FLL on Saturday and might catch Oasis on her departure. By Sunday, I will be far into the ocean and don't think my telephoto is that good. But I would happily point my camera somewhere else on the FLL skyline as we depart on Saturday to get a photo of people that are awaiting Allure the next day.

Ahhh. Though we are leaving Saturday we won't be there until late "ish", around 8pm. We are doing a slow drive and making several stops along the way. :(

Archived