Maxi-Dress Where do you wear them?

LoL..not even sure what a brickbat is but I won't throw anything at ya! Hey at your age..at least you care! As a 57 year old grandma that still looks good..I can get away with those ankle pants...I like the maxi's as long as it's not mu-mu looking:D no burqua's here either!

I have LOADS of these dresses, of course I live in FL, and can wear these every day, though we do tend to call them" Caftans" - sounds so much more "upscale"!!!!!

I would like to write one thing - please do not throw brickbats at me.

Caftans , Maxie dresses whatever you choose to call them do look so much more attractive than "senior" ladies wearing "pedal pushers - capris" or whatever you call pants that end about 5 inches above the ankle.

Lets face it ladies, when you reach a certain age, your legs, bust, buttocks etc all look even older than your face, a long dress conceals a multiude of faults.

cleavage, love handle hips, and veined legs !

Hooray for the Maxie-Caftan, saves me having to wear a " burqua!"

Lynn

LoL..not even sure what a brickbat is but I won't throw anything at ya! Hey at your age..at least you care! As a 57 year old grandma that still looks good..I can get away with those ankle pants...I like the maxi's as long as it's not mu-mu looking:D no burqua's here either!

Noun 1. brickbat - a fragment of brick used as a weapon

fragment - a piece broken off or cut off of something else; "a fragment of rock"

2. brickbat - blunt criticism

criticism, unfavorable judgment - disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; "the senator received severe criticism from his opponent

Thanks so much for The English 101 lesson....:)

Noun 1. brickbat - a fragment of brick used as a weapon

fragment - a piece broken off or cut off of something else; "a fragment of rock"

2. brickbat - blunt criticism

criticism, unfavorable judgment - disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; "the senator received severe criticism from his opponent

I have a few maxis and love to wear them. I purchased them at Macy's, Dillards, Loft, and TJ Maxx. I wore a new one tonight to a dinner party. I have a black one that I wear for formal nights...it's a very nice knit and I added rhinestone enhancements so it looks like an evening gown.

Oh I Love that SusieMoon ~

Ok I just have to tell this story :-)

We used to have a dog on our farm .....His Name was Tally ! Everyone on our Farm had jobs, Tallie's was to get the paper every AM and bring it to the house. He took this job very seriously ......Except on Sundays that is, he would go out to get the paper and it would just be to big for him to carry Soooooo every Sunday he would just lift his Leg and pee on it and walk away !

It was a Small town and we knew the carrier,we asked if he could just stick Sunday's Paper in the Mailbox so my Grandpa would not Cuss in German all morning when he got a very pee wet paper :-)

NurseRatchett, love your story. How funny! Tally certainly lived up to my little tag line. LOL

We just flew to Sacramento this weekend to see our son and his Family !

While sitting at the airport waiting for our flight in less than 2 hrs I counted 11 Maxi Dresses on Traveling Ladies coming and going !

I never thought about wearing one to travel in but everyone looked very comfortable and cool with sandals :-) Just another event to wear our Maxi dresses for ! Most everyone wore with a light sweater or shrug I am sure they all freeze on airplanes just like I do. :-)

We just flew to Sacramento this weekend to see our son and his Family !

While sitting at the airport waiting for our flight in less than 2 hrs I counted 11 Maxi Dresses on Traveling Ladies coming and going !

I never thought about wearing one to travel in but everyone looked very comfortable and cool with sandals :-) Just another event to wear our Maxi dresses for ! Most everyone wore with a light sweater or shrug I am sure they all freeze on airplanes just like I do. :-)

I just bought a very comfy long maxi skirt and was just thinking it would be perfect to travel in (just found I might be taking a business trip in two weeks unexpectedly).

I don't own a maxi dress... Yet. Your comment about the vintage Pucci reminded me of one I have had my eye on for a week or so at NY&Co. I haven't decided on it yet, mostly because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in the quality, but it IS cute: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Apparel/Dress-Boutique/Mod-Print-Knit-Maxi-Dress

I haven't seen any that would be appropriate for the office, but I think if I had a cute one I would wear it just about anywhere else I go, church, restaurants, shopping, even walking the dogs.

I just saw this one on the clearance rack at NY&Co for 70% off! They had the blue in my size, the only reason I didn't try it on is that the colors are very similar to the ONLY other maxi dress I own. I wish they had had the pink in my size. I still keep thinking about it though, I may go back. :)

Centralcalicruiser

You can only wear one at a time:-)

I have 3 blue ones one Powder Blue,One Turquoise and one in a deeper Blue with flowers splashed accross the bottom......Different jewelry will make the dress look different if you are thinking about wearing them both on a crusie :-) 70% off now that is a Bargain IMHO

What part of Central CA are you from .......I am a Valley Farm Girl from way Back.... a little town near Fresno.

Centralcalicruiser

You can only wear one at a time:-)

I have 3 blue ones one Powder Blue,One Turquoise and one in a deeper Blue with flowers splashed accross the bottom......Different jewelry will make the dress look different if you are thinking about wearing them both on a crusie :-) 70% off now that is a Bargain IMHO

What part of Central CA are you from .......I am a Valley Farm Girl from way Back.... a little town near Fresno.

I'm trying to limit my shopping. And I don't have any cruises planned for sure anytime soon (always have one in the back of my mind). But still I keep thinking about it only being $21! I've lived in Visalia since 1988. What town are you from? I've probably driven through it at one time or another!

I'm trying to limit my shopping. And I don't have any cruises planned for sure anytime soon (always have one in the back of my mind). But still I keep thinking about it only being $21! I've lived in Visalia since 1988. What town are you from? I've probably driven through it at one time or another!

At only $21 I would scoop that up in a heartbeat. Think about it. It's about the same cost as a movie night out for 2 (tickets only, no popcorn) or 2 drinks at a local establishment or on a cruise ship. Very affordable indeed!!! Otherwords, too good to pass up!!:p

At only $21 I would scoop that up in a heartbeat. Think about it. It's about the same cost as a movie night out for 2 (tickets only, no popcorn) or 2 drinks at a local establishment or on a cruise ship. Very affordable indeed!!! Otherwords, too good to pass up!!:p

I got it! I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went at lunch today and it was still there and fits perfectly!

Here's the top part:

maxi3.jpg

And the bottom - perfect length as long as my shoes are high enough!

maxi2.jpg

Now I just need someplace to wear it... :)

I am a bigger lady and 38 and I have more maxis than I can count without going through my wardrobe :o I love them, they are very flattering and feminine. I have pretty good lower legs for a fat chic so I like dresses but even the shorter dresses I wear fall from the bust.

The ones I own range from sundress style to formal gowns. A lot are from Igigi, Kiyonna and SWAK as I love their prints and styles. I always get compiments when I wear them and I have a number of light shrugs that I pair with them.

I don't think they are "age specific" it's about finding the style, cut and print that suits you. ;)

I got it! I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went at lunch today and it was still there and fits perfectly!

Here's the top part:

maxi3.jpg

maxi2.jpg

I love this dress! Wish I had NY&Co where I live.

Centralcalicruiser ~ That is one heck of a buy and you look Marvelous in the dress what a perfect fit and length ! So glad you went back and got it :-) Now you need to book a Cruise :-)

Haha ~ I am pretty sure you may have driven through my home town DINUBA just 18 miles from you ! Dinuba is actually much closer to Visalia than Fresno !

I lived there until I was 19 and then I just needed to see Dinuba in my rearview mirror LOL I moved to San Diego to go to school,met my husband and the rest is history, however we made that trip to Dinuba every other month for over 30 yrs....until my Parents both passed away. I guess it is a Small World :-)

As a teenager I spent many a Sat. night in Visalia "Dragging Main" (No one does that anymore I don't think they just use Facebook LOL) and then have to find our way home in that Horrible Valley Fog !! Yikes !

I'm sorry I can't find the post of the lady who lives in Yuma ;-( But we live in Surprise AZ. We retired 6 yrs ago and moved here from Sand Diego ! It was a Big adjustment for me, but it allows us to live with less expenses so we can cruise MORE ! and Ican buy More Maxi Dresses :-)

This is such a Fun Thread lets keep it going and as we all come back from our cruises we will meet back here and report about all the Maxi's we saw :-)

Well ladies, that dress arrived that I bought from Ebay. Purchased it on June 24, arrived on July 3. It is a nice quality and fits very well. I am very pleased with this purchase. I will be adding this seller to my favorites!!!

OK, this is addicting;). Cruising around Ebay, I found this little number. Yep, I hit the "buy it now" button. Grand total, $27.99. Now I will have 2 maxi dresses hanging in my closest.

Is there a 10-step program for this kind of addiction:D???

Here it is....

peacockdress.jpg

OK, this is addicting;). Cruising around Ebay, I found this little number. Yep, I hit the "buy it now" button. Grand total, $27.99. Now I will have 2 maxi dresses hanging in my closest.

Is there a 10-step program for this kind of addiction:D???

Here it is....

peacockdress.jpg

I absolutely love it. I guess I have to take a look at eBay..lol

Oh my goodness I love that! I mentioned a few times I am a big fan of Pucci and this is so "Pucci" like. Those are good colors, too..read many years ago that "teal' and derivatives are the universal color that anyone can wear and look smashing in it. It's a good style for your body type too. Sometimes when people where bold prints with a lot of lines they can look huge. What's the type of material?

Here's the top part:

maxi3.jpg

maxi2.jpg

Archived