Maxi-Dress Where do you wear them?

Sharod that is just lovely and I love the Peacock Pattern!

Wow that too is a great buy !

I have never tried ebay ......Maybe I should !

I have a friend who needs a lot of business clothes ie; suits etc. she has great luck with shoes too.She buys Designer suits maybe worn once and that is just what she needs them for ....She is a lawyer and would never think of wearing the same suit twice while trying a case :-)

Ladies you are all finding such good bargins. It makes me want to get out there and do the same ....I Must say NO !! I have spent so much money already. I guess thats what happens when you book a cruise a year out !! Yikes !!

Wow, I LOVE this one.. very pretty!

OK, this is addicting;). Cruising around Ebay, I found this little number. Yep, I hit the "buy it now" button. Grand total, $27.99. Now I will have 2 maxi dresses hanging in my closest.

Is there a 10-step program for this kind of addiction:D???

Here it is....

peacockdress.jpg

OK, this is addicting;). Cruising around Ebay, I found this little number. Yep, I hit the "buy it now" button. Grand total, $27.99. Now I will have 2 maxi dresses hanging in my closest.

Here it is....

peacockdress.jpg

Wow, that is gorgeous - you could almost use that for a formal night!

Almost? I would say you could wear it on formal night:)...some pretty

earrings, a cute pair of shoes....good to go:D

It is a BEAUTIFUL dress:)

Oh my goodness I love that! I mentioned a few times I am a big fan of Pucci and this is so "Pucci" like. Those are good colors, too..read many years ago that "teal' and derivatives are the universal color that anyone can wear and look smashing in it. It's a good style for your body type too. Sometimes when people where bold prints with a lot of lines they can look huge. What's the type of material?

Thank you! I know you buy a lot of more "higher end" clothing than I do, so I appreciate the compliment! It DOES have a very 60's look to it, which is fun. I was so excited that it fit me so well, I sometimes have trouble fitting into women's sizes. I do have to wear my highest shoes with it, I'm only 5'2". It is 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex.

Centralcalicruiser ~ That is one heck of a buy and you look Marvelous in the dress what a perfect fit and length ! So glad you went back and got it :-) Now you need to book a Cruise :-)

Haha ~ I am pretty sure you may have driven through my home town DINUBA just 18 miles from you ! Dinuba is actually much closer to Visalia than Fresno !

I lived there until I was 19 and then I just needed to see Dinuba in my rearview mirror LOL I moved to San Diego to go to school,met my husband and the rest is history, however we made that trip to Dinuba every other month for over 30 yrs....until my Parents both passed away. I guess it is a Small World :-)

As a teenager I spent many a Sat. night in Visalia "Dragging Main" (No one does that anymore I don't think they just use Facebook LOL) and then have to find our way home in that Horrible Valley Fog !! Yikes !

I'm sorry I can't find the post of the lady who lives in Yuma ;-( But we live in Surprise AZ. We retired 6 yrs ago and moved here from Sand Diego ! It was a Big adjustment for me, but it allows us to live with less expenses so we can cruise MORE ! and Ican buy More Maxi Dresses :-)

This is such a Fun Thread lets keep it going and as we all come back from our cruises we will meet back here and report about all the Maxi's we saw :-)

Dinuba? Then you are a Tulare County girl! I moved here with my first husband when I was 27, it is a great place to raise kids but I can understand young adults wanting to leave! I have been to Dinuba many times because my former sister in law lived there with her husband and daughter, and my former inlaws lived in Reedley. Small world indeed. I told my first husband I would move up here from Southern California to be near his family but would only move if we could live in Visalia, I wasn't about to live in Reedley!

I'm 65 and don't like to show off my arms so I rock maxi skirts instead of dresses as most of the maxi dresses I've seen don't have sleeves. I'm taking about 6 maxi skirts on my next cruise!:D I love them! And yes, I will be rocking them on the two dress up nights!;)

@centralcalicruiser~

Yes, that is my Claim to Fame I'm afraid ! I was a Valley Girl LOL !

I agree about Not living in Reedley over Visalia for sure ,But honestly If I had to pick between Reedley and Dinuba I would pick Reedley any day of the week :-) I was Born in Reedley because Dinuba had no hospital :-) but we are going way back into the Dark Ages :-) I have cousins who live in Dinuba she is an ER Nurse in Reedley !

Enjoy your new dress it's perfect for Summer Dinners out !

Oh I can't think of the Mexican food place we always went to in Visailia right on Mooney it's been there for years? Mmmm Good !

@mousey~ I am 65 too !! I don't want my Flubber on my arms flapping in the wind ! They have very cute short sleeve Shrugs and very lightweight short sleeve sweaters to wear with your Maxi Dresses !

I have them in every color Black,White,Turquoise,Yellow,Tan and Red. It actually makes it a little dressier for dinners in the Dining Room. You know how we all wear wraps because we get so cold the shurgs or sweater ssolve that problem too !

I can never wear these cute Maxi dresses without someting on my arms ! I did find a cute on with something called a Cold Shoulder it has sleeves with a split up the center so your shoulders show but your Arms don't :-)

Happy Shopping Everyone !

Well, I wouldn't say I buy "higher end"..I only do if it's quality made and I know it'll last and be timeles...some of it isn't (Kohl's Vera Wang..crap with her name on it).

I noticed at a strip mall Maxi dresses hanging in a store called "Dots".I think that is a store where the clothes are under $20?? Don't know much about it but there may be someone here who wants to check it out.

Thank you! I know you buy a lot of more "higher end" clothing than I do, so I appreciate the compliment! It DOES have a very 60's look to it, which is fun. I was so excited that it fit me so well, I sometimes have trouble fitting into women's sizes. I do have to wear my highest shoes with it, I'm only 5'2". It is 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex.

Here it is....

peacockdress.jpg

Uhhhh...I ordered the same dress. Hope you don't mind :o. I absolutely love it and hope it fits well...

Sharod that is just lovely and I love the Peacock Pattern!

Wow that too is a great buy !

I have never tried ebay ......Maybe I should !

Wow, I LOVE this one.. very pretty!

Thanks ladies!!! Can't wait until it arrives. Hope I like it as much as the one I just bought off of Ebay!!!

@ MrsIluvZumba ~ Wow that is great the Colors. Color Blocking is so in this year , Very Nice !

Thanks for sharing :-)

@Arhillbilly ~ I keep checking Ross and can't really get there before they are all picked over ! I have learned that if you can hit it just right when a new shipment comes in then you can get very Lucky !

@LoisR~We leave in 19 days,1hr,22 min. & 47 sec But who's counting :-) I need to go very soon and STOP finding bargains or we will no longer be able to afford a cruise.... LOL

Okay, not a maxi dress, but a pair of sandals to go with my 2 new maxi dresses(so that in itself makes this relevant to this thread;))!!! My town had sidewalk sale days and these were on clearance. LOVE THEM! And, they are oh so comfortable:)

shoe2.jpg

I Love the sandals and the color a great Neutral with out being Black or Tan. Perfect for Maxi's :-)

I Love Minnetonkas if that is what they Ithink I can see an M on the sole ! I have some not just like that in Red and Dark Brown sooo comfy too !

Whata great find !

I Love the sandals and the color a great Neutral with out being Black or Tan. Perfect for Maxi's :-)

I Love Minnetonkas if that is what they Ithink I can see an M on the sole ! I have some not just like that in Red and Dark Brown sooo comfy too !

Whata great find !

I was looking for a comfortable silver or pewter color sandal. I found them when I wasn't looking!!!

I love your sandals! what make are they? They look so comfy!

They are VERY comfortable. And Lois is correct, they are Minnetonka's.

Those are definintely Minnetonka's.....I can see the first couple of

letters in the heel area:)

First time I have ever bought this brand. I wasn't even looking for shoes at my towns sidewalk sale, they sort of just pulled me to them;)

I was looking for a comfortable silver or pewter color sandal. I found them when I wasn't looking!!!

They are VERY comfortable. And Lois is correct, they are Minnetonka's.

First time I have ever bought this brand. I wasn't even looking for shoes at my towns sidewalk sale, they sort of just pulled me to them;)

I bought my first pair a few months ago. They are a moccasin style

and I wore them on my long flight to Rome back in May....love them:)

easy on/easy off;)....those sandals are very cute too.

Archived