Cozumel not-too-promising weather forecast

I know, I know---weather prediction is not an exact science as it can change rapidly, but I've been watching the Cozumel weather and it seems like for the past month every day has been overcast with a 40-60% chance of rain. We are going to Xcaret while in Cozumel and while I understand the distinct possibility of an afternoon showers, it's the overcast/cloud days that has me concerned. Should we just stay on the boat if this is the case? Tour on our own? Opinions of those who have visited Cozumel, especially during this time of the year, would be great.

It is raining in the afternoons all over the Yucatan peninsula now but only for a short while. Nothing major and you may even be back from your excursion or trip when the rain finally comes down. Clouds will prevent excessive heat but remember you can still burn!

I know, I know---weather prediction is not an exact science as it can change rapidly, but I've been watching the Cozumel weather and it seems like for the past month every day has been overcast with a 40-60% chance of rain. We are going to Xcaret while in Cozumel and while I understand the distinct possibility of an afternoon showers, it's the overcast/cloud days that has me concerned. Should we just stay on the boat if this is the case? Tour on our own? Opinions of those who have visited Cozumel, especially during this time of the year, would be great.

We were in Cozumel last week - weather forecast called for 90% chance of rain and T-storms. When we docked, we went to Club Cozumel Caribe in spite of the forecast. Turned out to be mostly cloudy (some sun peeked every now and then) and not a drop of rain the entire time we were there.......

It's rained all three times I've been in Cozumel. First time was an afternoon stop, rained as soon as we got off the ship, so we ducked into some of the shops at the pier for a little bit. Second time, we were downtown, so decided it would be a good time to check out the museum there. Third time, had just finished lunch at an outdoor cafe, and just stayed for another couple of beers. The longest was the third time, it lasted about 45 minutes, then the sun came out.

Just plan what you want to plan, and carry an umbrella. No point planning around weather that may or may not happen while you're there! (unless you're planning a lavish beachside wedding, then maybe.....)

Archived