Carnival Splendor Mother's Day Cruise Review

RenoNanaOz

Great review so far - thank you :) ... I am surprising my dad for his 85th birthday with this cruise in September --- BTW... I love the "chapters" vs one long story ... it gives me time to really imagine what you experienced instead of rushing through the entire trip :)

Thank You! You know with work and family it's hard to sit for long;) Plus uploading the pictures, and I think it's important to share the pictures so you can see what we were seeing. I will try and continue tonight:)

I wasn't sure about doing the Mexican Rivera cruise but you are changing my mind. Great job!

Kathy

Thanks I really appreciate the positive comments! You will love it, I'm already wanting to go again;)

Hey Vegasmommy............thanks for the great review. We are headed out for the 2nd time this August and are thinking about La Isla for the 2nd day too. We are 2 moms mid-late 50's with our 17 year old sons. Let me know if you think it would be a good fit for us. We love to snorkle, I think the boys would kayak and we would probably all enjoy the beach. This seems less expensive than a beach resort excursion. Was it too rowdy with the drinking 20-30 somethings or family friendly? I'm not a prude, enjoy a cocktail, but don't want to spend the day with a bunch of obnoxious drunks. What was your experience?

Thank You! I will try and get to the full La Isla review tonight. The day we went there were only 25 people. Couples and families and no rowdies, I get the feeling it isn't really a party boat. We did pass several much larger party boats and were glad we chose this one. Great hosts, good food and lots of fun.

Looking forward to more! We also did La Isla. Hope you guys had as much fun on that excursion as we did! ;)

We loved it!! Honestly you were the one who sealed it for us when you said how much fun it was. Thanks so much for recommending it. I will do that part of the review tonight:)

Do you know what day Chef's Table is? We have it booked in September and just hope it is not a port day!

Did you go? or did you meet anyone who did? Just wondering what the experience is like on the Splendor!

Do you know what day Chef's Table is? We have it booked in September and just hope it is not a port day!

Did you go? or did you meet anyone who did? Just wondering what the experience is like on the Splendor!

We were to late in requesting so we weren't able to go. I didn't talk to anyone that went. I have a co-worker who has gone although not on the Splendor and highly recommends it. I don't really know what day, you can email the Steakhouse and they will tell you. I hope to get to the rest of my review tonight. Still catching up on work and stuff;)

We loved it!! Honestly you were the one who sealed it for us when you said how much fun it was. Thanks so much for recommending it. I will do that part of the review tonight:)

That's great to hear! I'm really glad you two enjoyed it! :D

I have a little time at work this morning so I thought I would continue a little.

Cabo Day 2 - Today we arrived at 7am so as we woke and went out on the Balcony we were already pulling in. It was a little more hazy today but we figured it was becasue we were there earlier than yesterday. We got ready, grabbed our beach bag and went to get a tender, #4 again. As were leaving the desk someone came up and said numbers weren't needed we could just go to level 0 and the tenders were waiting. We went right down and got on the first one. We wanted to get a Mexican breakfast before our meeting time at 9:30 for our after noon on La Isla. We stopped at the place(can't remember the name)at the end of the pier on the left before you go downtown. I had eggs rancheros and DH had chorizo. Both were just ok but the coffe and fresh squeezed oj were delicious. We had time so we walked to the meeting place, it took about 15 minutes. The sun was coming out now and we were in for another beautiful day:) I didn't get a picture before we got on but here are some of the views.

040-Copy.jpg

041-Copy.jpg

048-Copy.jpg

054-Copy.jpg

There were only 25 people on this today, all families and couples so it was very laid back. They had an open bar and music playing, but not too loudly. We went out by the arch and saw lots of sea lions. A huge one came up right next to us but I missed my chance to get a picture. We cruised around a bit and then we anchored a little off the beach. They took whoever wanted to snorkel or hang on the beach over in kayaks. There was also a big rubber slide you could go down. A few of us decided to stay on and relax but most went to the beach.

That's me on the far right and mickide(another CC member) on the far left.

049-Copy.jpg

DH just chillin, I know he always looks like he's not having fun but he was. He's just a real laid back kind of guy;)

058.jpg

Oh Yeah! Cervezas

055.jpg

When everyone was back on the boat they brought out stuff to make homemade salsa:) They had a few people doing it, mild medium and HOT. It was really good, fresh serrano chiles, fresh tomatoes, white onions and cilantro. Then they served us Lunch, tamales and beans and it was all really good. I'm sure the setting had a lot to do with it too;)

060.jpg

The trip was only about 3 hours total and it was totaly worth the $35 and I highly recommend it. It is definitely not a party boat, just a very mellow enjoyable day. After we got back we decided just to go grab a few beers somewhere on the port. We ended up at a little place next to Senor Frogs.

There were lots of people doing shots and getting crazy. It was lots of fun to watch everyone, so happy to be there. We had a couple beers and shared a shot of Patron. Then just went back to the ship to enjoy the views before we left port.

[/url]

I LOVE Cabo!!

070.jpg

Nothing too exciting this night, just dinner and an early bedtime. We wanted to be fully refreshed for our day in PV. We were going to a private Island, Las Caletas and we were very excited about that:):)

Love this review!!! Can't wait to read about Las Caletas! We are booked to go there too!

About Chefs Table tho, I understand it varies of what night it will be, and Steakhouse just says you are told once onboard :(

Can't wait to see all these beautiful sights! Keep up the great review!

YES !!!!!!!!! and these reviews are better than our roll call... LOL !:eek: oops did I say that?

The reviews are the best, I love them. You get to live it before and then when you do your own you get to live it again;)

The reviews are the best, I love them. You get to live it before and then when you do your own you get to live it again;)

and September is my first cruise EVER.. which embarks on my birthday.

ALL I want to do all day is read reviews LOL.. don't tell my boss !!!!:rolleyes:

Love your review and pics.

Interesting that you were on that boat. My wife and I walked/swam to Lover's Beach from the Public Beach beside the pier, and saw the boat with couches on it. We wondered what it was since it looked so different from normal tour boats. Now you've answered our question. :)

Archived