Ship phone roaming showing as Iceland on phone bill?

Bibble

I'm trying to figure something out for work.

We have a phone bill for an employee who went on a cruise. I am pretty sure that the ship's roaming is showing on the bill as Iceland, and that the employee didn't actually go to Iceland (they were in St. Kitts during the day...), but this employee wants me to contact AT&T and raise heck about it showing as Iceland.

Can anyone here tell me if they've ever used their phone on the ship and it showed as Iceland on your cell phone bill? Even though you were in the Caribbean? I think it was a Princess cruise, but since I'm not sure, I'm just throwing it out there.

Thank you for anyone who knows what I'm talking about!

I think it is due to the GSM code of the service being used. Cellular at Sea is the primary company (owned by AT&T) that provides Carnival's mobile network while out to sea. They contract with other companies to help provide the service, with one of them being On-Waves, a subsidiary of SIMINN, formerly known as Iceland Telecom. That could be where the issue lies...

did the employee use there cell phone on that day?

Yes. "I" am sure it's the ship. I know that the phone was used ON the ship, but I'm trying to get a more definite answer for him that it's coded correctly, rather than having to "fight AT&T about being in Iceland".

... with one of them being On-Waves, a subsidiary of SIMINN, formerly known as Iceland Telecom. That could be where the issue lies...

Thank you - that is most likely it!!!

Archived