What do you miss about the old days of Carnival cruises?

ahoys

Those beer bongs make the "yards" from Carlos'n'Charlie's look like shot glasses.

Then the same people would participate in the pillow fights on the balance beams. :eek:

They were given out on the Glory too. Have your cruise staff sign them.

Got them on the Imagination last year. Didn't get them on the 2/19 Glory this year, and forgot about it until just now... Well that's the straw that broke the camels back I want a free cruise :D

Got them on the Imagination last year. Didn't get them on the 2/19 Glory this year, and forgot about it until just now... Well that's the straw that broke the camels back I want a free cruise :D

Hmmm....now I remember that on the Miracle last year, some of the passengers had them, and I never got one. Boy, I was peeved that last morning, seeing people with their prints, trying to get them home without making a mess of them. It takes so little to make us ticked......I think I need a free cruise, too.

Heck, I need any kind of cruise.:o

The only real thing I miss about the Old Carnival was the fact that our kids were very young and our first two cruises were without them. Now that they are older they too have the cruising bug and want to come along on every cruise we go on - especially the Carnival ones :)

Ah - the good old days :)

What do these "prints" look like? Is it just a picture of the ship on paper?

Before we met, my DH went on the Fascination (I think?), and said they had all kinds of fun stuff going on around the pool on sea days. Not like the beer drinking contest or drunk-balance-beam-pillow-fighting (why, of why couldn't I have been there for that?), but lots of fun.

That was only a year before I took my first cruise, and they barely had anything going on on our ship. Just the regular (men's hairy chest contest.)

I wish they would party it up a little more, like in the past.

I guess they thought they had to tame it down for the "families." :rolleyes:

I miss the rum swizzle parties and the baked Alaska parade. ALso, I miss assigned seating at lunch. it was nice gong to the dining room and seeing your server waiting for yuou (what service!).

My first CCL was on the Elation when she was just a couple of months old, the pride of the CCL fleet.I guess this was a period where CCL was on the up. My mom tried to talk me out of going with CCL back then, but to this day, I still consider the quality of food and service the best I have ever had (they even served lobster on two different nights- wow!)

What do these "prints" look like? Is it just a picture of the ship on paper?
Essentially, yes. It is a print on thick paper that is a watercolor of your ship. The one for the Conquest shows the ship just off shore in some generic island setting. Frankly, I don't know what the brouhaha about these things are. Whoever called them placemats upthread hit it on the head - they look and feel kind of cheap to me. To each their own. Some people seem to look at these as a valuable collectible, I'll be surprised if these things make it through our next house junk purge.

They are incredibly difficult to get home without getting bent, crinkled, etc., unless you come to the cruise with a tube or something.

To each their own. Some people seem to look at these as a valuable collectible, I'll be surprised if these things make it through our next house junk purge.

I don't know........have you check out some of the cruise stuff selling on e-bay.......:)

I miss the real glass that the drinks used to come in for you to take home...I also miss skeet shooting off the back of the ship.... but I guess I can understand the rational of not giving a loaded gun to someone who has been drink an obscene amount of alcohol in the hot sun all day long!

TM

[quote name='voyagerfl']I don't know........have you check out some of the cruise stuff selling on e-bay.......:)[/QUOTE]

116 items found for "carnival cruise"
from
[url]http://search.ebay.com/carnival-cruise_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZQ22carnivalQ20cruiseQ22[/url]

Archived