hampton inn staten island

grinder172

That's an odd question. There are so many things you could have asked about this hotel other than its state of cleanliness. I haven't stayed there, but others have posted about this hotel on this board and have never mentioned that it was not clean. We recommend this hotel frequently - it's next door to the Hilton Garden in a wooded corporate park on Staten Island. Lovely setting in an oasis in NYC.

We stayed at the Hampton last year and the Hilton this year.Actually liked the Hampton better.It is a beautiful hotel and yes it seemed spotless to us.Planning to book it next year for a cruise leaving out of Manhatten.We thought both hotels were great and the shuttle service to Bayonne worked out perfect for us.

Laura

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn two years ago and are staying at Hampton this August for an Explorer 10 day Cruise. Booked the room last week and got a rate of $179 AARP for four people in the room. Hampton reservations include a breakfast as well. The shuttle is shared with the Hilton. You can call about two months out to make the reservations for the shuttle to the pier. The parking for the lenght of the cruise is free. The parking lot is very safe. There is a outpatient day surgery building and a day care facility that share it. I took the Hampton this time because we could get a better rate.

While we have not stayed at this particular Hampton Inn, we have stayed at many others in our travels. We are always very satisfied with the accommodations and the Hampton Inn is one of our preferred hotel brands.

• 2 weeks later...
Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn two years ago and are staying at Hampton this August for an Explorer 10 day Cruise. Booked the room last week and got a rate of $179 AARP for four people in the room. Hampton reservations include a breakfast as well. The shuttle is shared with the Hilton. You can call about two months out to make the reservations for the shuttle to the pier. The parking for the lenght of the cruise is free. The parking lot is very safe. There is a outpatient day surgery building and a day care facility that share it. I took the Hampton this time because we could get a better rate.

I saw today on our roll call that you mentioned this hotel. We are considering driving up the night before the cruise although we are only 2.5-3 hrs away from the port. Seems like we might be able to stay a little cheaper than paying for parking at the port. I know you said the shuttle has to be reserved by calling 4-6 weeks out, but I didn't see any rate on the website that listed "cruise park & stay" rate. I did see 1 rate for $159, but I know it's usually more to do the stay & park.

When I called the Hampton to ask about the shuttle, I was told to reserve the room and call back about 4-6 out to make the shuttle reservation. No one said anything about the rate be higher for the "cruise and park" package. I know the Hilton Garden offers the package and it is priced higher than the regular room rate. I guess I will have to see what they say when we get there. The room rate for the Hampton is less and includes your breakfast which the Hilton does not so I decided to try the Hampton this time. The parking lot is a shared parking lot and is also used by a outpatient surgery center. It was never anywhere near full two years ago even with an evening wedding happening at the hotel.

We stayed at the Hampton last year and the Hilton this year.Actually liked the Hampton better.It is a beautiful hotel and yes it seemed spotless to us.Planning to book it next year for a cruise leaving out of Manhatten.We thought both hotels were great and the shuttle service to Bayonne worked out perfect for us.

Laura

I agree about the Hampton Inn. Very nice hotel. Clean.

Archived