Resturant behind Cabo Wabo

student again

Does anyone know what the yummy taco place is behind the Cabo Wabo? I heard they have great/cheap lobster tacos but don't know the name of the place. Any other recommendations would be great!! We will be cruising to Cabo and PV in June!!:p

• 1 month later...

The other place in that area, which would be sort of behind Cabo Wabo is Crazy Lobster or Sleepless Lobster, can't remember one is on one side of town and one is on the other, but they advertise Lobster tacos. Never had one, maybe I'll try one in August.

Prefer Taco Loco over Gordo Leles. Much cleaner and better atmosphere.

Well, I took a 'detour' into their kitchen and it was SPOTLESS! I used to be in the hospitality business, I'd eat here again in a heartbeat. And the tacos were unbelievable (goup of 15 went and EVERYONE loved them).

I can't vouch for the atmosphere at Taco Loco, but we had a great time at Lele's!

Just got back from Cabo again on Sat. and went to visit Javier at Gordo Leles and eat the best tacos in Cabo. Clean? It is always clean. Did I mention he has the best tacos in Cabo? LOL!

Well, I took a 'detour' into their kitchen and it was SPOTLESS! I used to be in the hospitality business, I'd eat here again in a heartbeat. And the tacos were unbelievable (goup of 15 went and EVERYONE loved them).

I can't vouch for the atmosphere at Taco Loco, but we had a great time at Lele's!

I REALLY want to try Gordo's but I can't get past the plastic bags over the dishes, so they don't have to wash them and his apron looks like it hasn't been washed in months.:eek:

We go to Soloman's Landing every time we are in Cabo and it is great!!

Maybe in November!:D

I REALLY want to try Gordo's but I can't get past the plastic bags over the dishes, so they don't have to wash them and his apron looks like it hasn't been washed in months.:eek:

He doesn't put plastic on them so that he doesn't have to wash them. If you go into the kitchen, you'll see that they are washed in a sink. They're to protect the plates. Regarding his apron, he's a hard worker, lol!

Just got back from Cabo again on Sat. and went to visit Javier at Gordo Leles and eat the best tacos in Cabo. Clean? It is always clean. Did I mention he has the best tacos in Cabo? LOL!

I'll be there in a few months, can't wait!!!

He doesn't put plastic on them so that he doesn't have to wash them. If you go into the kitchen, you'll see that they are washed in a sink. They're to protect the plates. Regarding his apron, he's a hard worker, lol!

Protect the plates from what? :confused:

Here's the deal Toni, many of us have eaten there and we are still posting on these boards so I guess we survived it.

You have to eat some dirt now and then, otherwise, you will get sick.

Here's the deal Toni, many of us have eaten there and we are still posting on these boards so I guess we survived it.

You have to eat some dirt now and then, otherwise, you will get sick.

So Wendy, are you trying to tell me to "live" a little? :D

Maybe after a few maggies, I'll give it a try.:)

So Wendy, are you trying to tell me to "live" a little? :D

Maybe after a few maggies, I'll give it a try.:)

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

There is another taco shop on the 4 lane that is frequented by the locals, Asi Asada, that is right off the road. Part of the charm is the road dirt, but they have the best grilled shrimp tacos. They also cover there plates in plastic. I'll bet it to protect from staining since they use plastic plates.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

There is another taco shop on the 4 lane that is frequented by the locals, Asi Asada, that is right off the road. Part of the charm is the road dirt, but they have the best grilled shrimp tacos. They also cover there plates in plastic. I'll bet it to protect from staining since they use plastic plates.

Thanks for the recommendation.:)

We've eaten at Gordo's more than a few times. The only problem with me eating there is that my face hurts the next day from all of the smiling.

Absolutely the best tacos in Cabo. We love Javier and his tacos.

Taco Loco is very good, as well, and we eat there often.

We also like Cabo Cantina on Marina Street, but a bit more spendy...however, in the evening, Cabo Cantina has a street side taco stand set up...cheap and good!

Our favorite place in all of Cabo though, is Captain Tony's. Right on the Marina. Good food, cold beer, and absolutely the greatest people watching location in town.

Awesome! I'm going in Oct., I'll let you know if it's clean and good.

I'm sure it is fine, I can be really weird sometimes.

Like Wendy said, I need to live a little.

All those reviews can't be wrong!

I'll watch for the update.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I'm sure it is fine, I can be really weird sometimes.

Like Wendy said, I need to live a little.

All those reviews can't be wrong!

I'll watch for the update.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Trust me, so am I! I used to be an exterminator and service restaurants at night. I know what to look for and know where to eat and NOT eat! If I had the slightest doubt about this place, I'd be the first to tell you! I didn't see any sanitation issues, no rodent droppings and no evidence of cockroaches, lol! I think the beds/walls on cruise ships are worse, just don't bring your blacklight! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Trust me, so am I! I used to be an exterminator and service restaurants at night. I know what to look for and know where to eat and NOT eat! If I had the slightest doubt about this place, I'd be the first to tell you! I didn't see any sanitation issues, no rodent droppings and no evidence of cockroaches, lol! I think the beds/walls on cruise ships are worse, just don't bring your blacklight! ;)

I bring my blacklight with me anytime i travel!!! I enjoy the abuse. Who did you work for pretty easy to determine who i work for been there 33 years.

Going on Splendor in two weeks, will hit each of the taco stands mentioned in this thread, and report back my fav.

Of course they will be alcohol induced reviews

• 2 weeks later...
I bring my blacklight with me anytime i travel!!! I enjoy the abuse. Who did you work for pretty easy to determine who i work for been there 33 years.

Going on Splendor in two weeks, will hit each of the taco stands mentioned in this thread, and report back my fav.

Of course they will be alcohol induced reviews

Lol! I bring my pyrethrin so I can flush those puppies out, lol! I used to work for E c o l a b.

Awesome, please do, I'll do the same!

Likewise! They taste better that way!

Archived