Magic Tides Pool Aft

Are kids (14 & 12) allowed by the Tides Pool?

I just told my DH that I'd like to sit for the first time by the aft pool. I just need a little more peace and quiet this year. I don't need to see any hairy chest competition, ice carving, etc.

I can't be on the Serenity deck because my girls can't go there.

If my kids are allowed by the Tides Pool, they are still going to give me a hard time because the chairs are probably further from the Waterworks.

Yes, kids are allowed at the aft pool; however, at 12 and 14 why not let them have fun and enjoy the ship. They are old enough to be given some freedom. If in doubt, leave notes on the cabin door as to where you'll be if they want to find you, if not, they'll be back at the cabin later in the afternoon to get ready for dinner!

So am I to understand that this class of ship doesn't have an adult pool? That does not make me happy. All the ships I've sailed have had adult pools & hot tubs. When I recently sailed the Miracle (after the Serenity area took over the adult aft pool). we chose to hang out at the forward pool where smoking was allowed (where the kids were...go figure:rolleyes:). I could only hang around there for a certain amount of time due to all the kids cannon-balling into the pool, the toddlers in the hot tubs, etc. Am disappointed to hear that my upcoming Breeze cruise will not be providing an adult pool area:mad:

Not sure how the magic is set up since I havent been on it yet, But if the layout is simular to Destiny/ victory/ Glory class, etc. the aft pools on those ships are "non smoking" and the 2 hotubs next to the pools are for adults only, but kids are allowed in the pool though. Its generaly a more layed back quiet area. But kids are still allowed there, but only in the pool, not the hottubs.

Sounds like you need to go on a Celebrity S class ship, so serene and quiet. And if you want even more quiet, you can go to the adults only solarium... really nice....

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

Princess and RCC on there newer ships are layed out simular, Pools are allot bigger, deeper and can actually swim in them istead of just stand in them to get wet. plus most likely have fesh water i n them as well.

Sounds like you need to go on a Celebrity S class ship, so serene and quiet. And if you want even more quiet, you can go to the adults only solarium... really nice....

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

Now this pool peaceful and just what I need! I am looking at Celebrity or NCL next year for a Mediterranean cruise. The kids want to come with us so I need to figure it all out.

I was on the Magic in Dec. The aft pool is nice, very nice if you don't want to hear the music from lido. Not alot of kids. However the whole "no kids in the hot tub" is never enforced. I did have to use my stern voice with several teenagers in the hot tub that though it was fun to splash each other while I'm sitting right next to them. I informed them that splashing was for the pool not the hot tub.:rolleyes:

Are kids (14 & 12) allowed by the Tides Pool?

I just told my DH that I'd like to sit for the first time by the aft pool. I just need a little more peace and quiet this year. I don't need to see any hairy chest competition, ice carving, etc.

I can't be on the Serenity deck because my girls can't go there.

If my kids are allowed by the Tides Pool, they are still going to give me a hard time because the chairs are probably further from the Waterworks.

Yes kids are allowed in the tides pool. However, there was not that many kids in that area when I was on the boat, late February, perhaps that was due to the time of the year that I was there.

And yes, that is about the furthest away from waterworks as you can get. You say that you want to sit next to the aft pool, so, if you are not going to be IN the pool, do you have to sit next to it? The serenity area is very close to the waterworks area, there is no reason that your girls cannot go play on the waterworks while you sit in serenity and they certaintly may come "check in" with you.

My daughters were 14 & 16 when we went and most of the time they were for the first cruise ever, with the carnival kid clubs! I woke them in the morning to go eat and during sea days, I would see them doing the various activities and they would be in the cabin when their "club" closed. A very enjoyable time for each of us! Some nights they were required to eat in the dining room with me (at my direction). So, depending on how responsible your daughters are and if you want them with you the whole time or if they are able to be on their own, you may never hear them complain.....

I was on the Magic in Dec. The aft pool is nice, very nice if you don't want to hear the music from lido. Not alot of kids. However the whole "no kids in the hot tub" is never enforced. I did have to use my stern voice with several teenagers in the hot tub that though it was fun to splash each other while I'm sitting right next to them. I informed them that splashing was for the pool not the hot tub.:rolleyes:

That's still better than the Miracle when we were on her 2 weeks ago and the hot tubs were full of toddlers, some in diapers!:eek: Needless to say I didn't put my toe in there...disgusting...no security anywhere.:rolleyes:

So am I to understand that this class of ship doesn't have an adult pool? That does not make me happy. All the ships I've sailed have had adult pools & hot tubs. When I recently sailed the Miracle (after the Serenity area took over the adult aft pool). we chose to hang out at the forward pool where smoking was allowed (where the kids were...go figure:rolleyes:). I could only hang around there for a certain amount of time due to all the kids cannon-balling into the pool, the toddlers in the hot tubs, etc. Am disappointed to hear that my upcoming Breeze cruise will not be providing an adult pool area:mad:

To my knowledge, the only ships with Aft Adults Only pools are Spirit Class ships....Legend, Miracle, Spirit & Pride. I notice you have been on two of them a few times. I was on Destiny last September and the aft pool definatley was NOT adults only. I can't speak for the Freedom.

The Dream Class ships have a Serenity area forward on the ship, near the waterworks, but no pool up there. The two pools, including the aft pool were open to everyone. I did not like this as well because I prefer an adults only pool area...could care less about "serenity area" or not.....just adults only.

Good luck!

That's still better than the Miracle when we were on her 2 weeks ago and the hot tubs were full of toddlers, some in diapers!:eek: Needless to say I didn't put my toe in there...disgusting...no security anywhere.:rolleyes:

Yes I was not pleased with children in the tubs. There was also a toddler in there with his dad and I assume a water diaper on. The dad kept a pretty good eye on him so I didn't complain. But I do know what you mean.

Archived