Kids soda package questions

For our cruise in a weeks time on Navigator of the Seas I am thinking of getting my 10 year old son a soda package. The cup also will come in useful for keep water for him during the day cool.

I have a couple of questions.

1. When he goes to the bar with the cup for a refill does he always need to show his card or will they refill the cup without. The reason why i am asking is that he won't have his key card on him all the time as he hates it on a lanyard around his neck (this is the only way it stays safe) and is likely to loose it from his pockets due to him usually being in the water.

2. Am I allowed to go to the bar with the cup and get the refill. I usually have to force drinks/water down him to ensure he gets sufficient fluids during a day so by going to the bar for it myself at least this gets a drink in front of him.

Some bartenders will remember him, and that he has a soda package, so if you use the same bartender alot, you may not have to show the card after the 1st time. Yes...you can take his card and get his soda for him.

You do not need a soda package for water...any bar or eating venue will give you ice water upon request. Iced tea and lemonade are available without charge, too....as is milk at meals. And, juice at breakfast.

Your child will have to drink a lot of soda to make that package "pay" for itself. You can buy a can of soda if you don't have the fountain package.

Unless things have changed since my last cruise...

1. You do not need the card to fill the cup - just take the cup to a bartender and it will be filled. (Some ships have fill-it-yourself stations.)

2. You do not need the cup to get a soda. In this case, just show your card.

3. We find the soda package to be a good value.

When I got the soda pass, I always had the refillable cup with me. Only 1 time did a bartender ask to see my sea pass card. I also had my husband fill my cup for me and he didn't get the soda pass.

Archived