Connecting Rooms on Zaandam

Ms. Alpha

Ms. Alpha: I cannot answer for the Zaandam. However I do know the Oosterdam layout is completely different for Zaandam so that is not a fair comparison. This is something I'd like to know too. Years ago I had a connecting room on the Veendam and the furniture configuration was different. On the side with the connecting door there was a love seat along the bathroom wall, facing the window instead of a sofa on wall of adjoining cabin. This was on lower prom deck. Don't know if it's the same on dolphin & main decks.

I had a connecting outside on the Rotterdam, which is a similar ship to the Zaandam.

The connecting doors were at the foot of the bed on the same side as the desk. It would otherwise have been wall space, so nothing of importance was lost. If you plan to use the doors, you won't be able to stash anything there.

From the looks of the deckplans, your cabin appears to be set up the same way mine was.

btw---the only time I ever heard anything from the next cabin was when they had the TV too loud, and then the sound came through the wall, more than through the doors.

Archived