Gordon Hough

MusicalBear

Does anyone know which Gordon Hough will be on in July 2012?

How many are there?

Awww... give MusicalBear some slack. :p You know he meant "which ship". A quick Google search turned this up... but it's from a few years ago. Seems Mr. Hough was a musical director for Princess at one time, but went to Cunard. Whether he's back is the question I guess?

http://www.bandmonline.com/entertainment/introducing-hough-man-with-the-golden-sax-1.381035#.T8HEPrBYuqg

Edit: Okay, I guess he's back working for Princess, but this link still does not answer MusicalBear's question...

http://www.daily-jeff.com/local%20news/2012/03/16/hough-looks-forward-to-participating-in-lions-club-show

Hi Musical Bear

Unless I'm very much mistaken Gordon Hough was the Musical Director during our cruise on Grand Princess from 2nd -19th May. He was very good & the orchestra was also pretty good. Hope this answers your question?

Gordon Hough is a great musical director. Had him on both the Emerald princess and the Crown at different times. On the "grand" ships that have an Adaggio lounge he would have a request night for all kinds of jaz, blues and old favorites. We would usually close out the night with a scotch and his music.

He also is an expert on model trains and brought his collection and gave talks on the Crown the last time I saw him. Don't know his current schedule but he has been moving from ship to ship the last 3 years.

I should have read the post again. I did mean which SHIP is Gordon Hough going to be on in July. He was the musical director this winter on the Crown and since my husband is in to model trains we went to his presentation on trains. We're going to Alaska this summer on the Island and was just hoping he might have gone there.

I think that he's going to be on the Emerald at some time soon. Our son's a musician who's joining the Emerald next week, and I think he said that Gordon Hough was going to be his music director at some point. I'll double-check with Matt on the exact info when he gets home from his work-out. Caution-things are known to change at the last minute. Matt's been called on a couple times to be temporary music director for weeks or months (yes, he's gone through training-it's not like they just asked someone/anyone.). Also, he's had last minute changes in music directors when there's been an illness or emergency.

I think that he's going to be on the Emerald at some time soon. Our son's a musician who's joining the Emerald next week, and I think he said that Gordon Hough was going to be his music director at some point. I'll double-check with Matt on the exact info when he gets home from his work-out. Caution-things are known to change at the last minute. Matt's been called on a couple times to be temporary music director for weeks or months (yes, he's gone through training-it's not like they just asked someone/anyone.). Also, he's had last minute changes in music directors when there's been an illness or emergency.

Thanks for the info!

Well, it turns out I don't have that much info. Gordon isn't joining the Emerald until September. Which means he's on vacation for some period of time before that since staff gets some period of time off between ships (almost all the time) But we've known vacations to last as short as 10 days or as long as 3 months. Backing it up from September, I don't know whether he'll be on another ship or at home in July. The only thing I'm about positive of is that he won't be on the Emerald in July, since there's a different music director there then.

Well, it turns out I don't have that much info. Gordon isn't joining the Emerald until September. Which means he's on vacation for some period of time before that since staff gets some period of time off between ships (almost all the time) But we've known vacations to last as short as 10 days or as long as 3 months. Backing it up from September, I don't know whether he'll be on another ship or at home in July. The only thing I'm about positive of is that he won't be on the Emerald in July, since there's a different music director there then.

We will just have to wait and see when and where he shows up.:D

Archived