Kids Silverware (Gem)

Savaann

We will be on the Gem next month with our 3.5 year old and 24 month old. Does anyone know if teaspoons and smaller sized forks would be available in the restaurants and buffet? We will be staying in a 2br family suite so maybe I could ask the butlet to bring some to the room and I'll bring them to the restaurants with me as needed? Just looking to pack one less thing if I can! Thanks!!

I do not believe they have smaller cutlery for children... do your 3.5yr old and 24 month old children actually use cutlery, or do they eat with their hands. I wouldn't worry about the silverware.

I used to work on ships in the Kid's Club, and the 2-5 yr olds would usually just eat with their hands or use the regular silverware. You are overthinking your packing if small silverware is on your list.

@Cruisebehindthescenes. Wow, are you kidding? Both of my children and all 3 (1 is still under 2) grandchilden, used utensils. I will admit clumsily at times and sometimes with the help of the fingers depending on the food, but certainly used at least a spoon.

@OP. Both of our cruises teaspoons were available to stir our coffee, so they were on the ship. Not sure about small forks (I call pie forks).

The one thing that I have always noticed on the ships is that they do not have any silverware for children. (Even the ships with a kids dining area).

Just a tip my husband thought of with our little one a few cruises ago...he would go to get a teaspoon from the coffee area for our little one to eat with. It helped out a lot. I mean although she "attempted" to eat things like cereal with the huge spoons they had, it wasn't a pretty site. The smaller teaspoons you only seem to find around the coffee area worked perfect. :)

Thank you all for your replies! I figured someone here would know what was available on the ship!

My kids do use forks and spoons :) The younger one will give up after a little while though. It's not the packing of them that I mind. It's carrying dirty silverware back from dinner and having to wash them and not lose them. It's my vacation to be free from doing dishes!!

Thank you all for your replies! I figured someone here would know what was available on the ship!

My kids do use forks and spoons :) The younger one will give up after a little while though. It's not the packing of them that I mind. It's carrying dirty silverware back from dinner and having to wash them and not lose them. It's my vacation to be free from doing dishes!!

I agree with you just use the ones on the ship they will be find.

I did think of bringing plastic ones with me. Only problem is I haven't been able to find the smaller size (like a dessert fork and teaspoon) yet. All of the stores I've gone into have the larger size. I still have 11 days :eek: so maybe I'll be able to find them!! 11 days wow :)

I did think of bringing plastic ones with me. Only problem is I haven't been able to find the smaller size (like a dessert fork and teaspoon) yet. All of the stores I've gone into have the larger size. I still have 11 days :eek: so maybe I'll be able to find them!! 11 days wow :)

Hefty company makes Zoo Pals which is kid sized colorful plastic spoons/forks. They sell them at Wal-Mart and most larger supermarkets here.

102_1370031024.JPG

Archived