Visa Questions

themutis

Our TA just asked if we review the Visa requirements for the Athen - Istanbul Windstar cruise....

Did some googling, but am still not clear. Does anyone know if there is anything special we will need to do to gain entry to Greece or Turkey?

Thanks

A correction to this response to your question. You don't need a visa for Greece but you do need one for Turkey. If you're arriving by air in Istanbul, it's a simple matter to buy it at the airport for $20. However, it looks like your cruise is Athens to Istanbul so you'll be arriving in Istanbul by ship. If you're not staying on in Istanbul, I don't believe you need a visa, but if spending some time there, I believe you'll need one. Why not check with Windstar? There's also a lot of good information on the Ports of Call section of CC.

We have been on this itinerary and if my memory is correct, Windstar takes care of the Visa required for Turkey on your behalf. You will be visiting Turkey - Bodrum and Kusadasi - by ship prior to disembarking in Istanbul. Good idea to check with Windstar to be sure though. Have a great time - it is a great itinerary - one of our favourites!

A correction to this response to your question. You don't need a visa for Greece but you do need one for Turkey. If you're arriving by air in Istanbul, it's a simple matter to buy it at the airport for $20.

OP is on Athens-Istanbul cruise. I am assuming they are arriving into ATH as they did not ask anything about arriving by air into Turkey. They do not need a visa for a cruise ship stop in Turkey.

Archived