St John Resort Mykonos

tillybilly

We are thinking of booking a day stay package at St.John Resort and would like to know if there were changing rooms or lockers provided,also has anyone had problems with their transport. Thanks Mick.

Based on their website, it is a very beautiful place. We were considering it for out time there also. If you do a search here on this Greece board you should find some very informative strings. You can also email them directly to answer any additional questions you might have.

Here is a link to a very informative string http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441401&highlight=st+johns+resort

• 3 weeks later...

Saint John Mykonos is such a great hotel which combines the elegance and luxury amenities which anyone expect from a five star hotel. They provide all the facilities, which include changing room and locker also. There is no transportation problem and you can easily get transportation from there. It is located at prime location and you can go anywhere easily from there.

Just want to chime in here that the people at St. Johns resort could not be more accommodating and customer friendly. I had multiple email exchanges with them before our June 11 Equinox sailing to arrange transport and buy a day pass (which includes the transport). I sent them my credit card info as required by their reservation form. The night before we were to arrive on Mykonos, the captain informed us that the port was closed due to high winds. I sent St. Johns an email and they very kindly said they would never have charged our card given that the port closure was not our fault. Given that they say on the form, 24 hour cancellation, I thought that was generous and they right thing to do. But it wasn't required.

So I highly recommend the resort and hope to get there someday!

We went to Crete instead.

We are going to be in Mykonos on Friday August 10th (Celebrity Equinox). My husband and I have been going back and forth with wanting to book the day pass option for St. John Resort or just finding our own transportation to a public beach (probably Paradise or Super Paradise). Our one sticking point for St. John Resort is that my hubby really wants to just relax on the beach and have a few drinks and does not want to take the risk of renting an atv or car and worrying about having to drive. Not that he wants to get smashed, but he wants to be able to have a beverage or two and not worry about it. I know the bus is an option (though from what I have read it sounds a little complicated to get to the bus from the port?). For anyone that is familiar with Mykonos, what are some of our other options for transportation? Do any companies offer just a pick up/drop off between the tender drop off area and the beach? Can anyone recommend a good company for this? We were also thinking that we might want to be dropped off in town after the beach so we could explore a bit before heading back to the ship. Thanks in advance for your insight- Your recommendations are much appreciated!

Becky

We are going to be in Mykonos on Friday August 10th (Celebrity Equinox). My husband and I have been going back and forth with wanting to book the day pass option for St. John Resort or just finding our own transportation to a public beach (probably Paradise or Super Paradise). Our one sticking point for St. John Resort is that my hubby really wants to just relax on the beach and have a few drinks and does not want to take the risk of renting an atv or car and worrying about having to drive. Not that he wants to get smashed, but he wants to be able to have a beverage or two and not worry about it. I know the bus is an option (though from what I have read it sounds a little complicated to get to the bus from the port?). For anyone that is familiar with Mykonos, what are some of our other options for transportation? Do any companies offer just a pick up/drop off between the tender drop off area and the beach? Can anyone recommend a good company for this? We were also thinking that we might want to be dropped off in town after the beach so we could explore a bit before heading back to the ship. Thanks in advance for your insight- Your recommendations are much appreciated!

Becky

Hi Becky, I'm toying with the same ideas (be on on the EQ week after). Either take the ships bus to Elia Beach for 30EU or do the Resort for 30EU.

Does the Resort transport not drop you back like the ships transport?

Plus now I have read that there is a change of not going to Mykonos, I'm really wavering and thinking mayb to leave the decision till when on board.

I just got back from Mykonos. We got off the ship and rented a car and drove to three beaches and had a great time. Paradise was a waste of time! There are so many beautiful beaches there that we just had to try more than one.

I just got back from Mykonos. We got off the ship and rented a car and drove to three beaches and had a great time. Paradise was a waste of time! There are so many beautiful beaches there that we just had to try more than one.

Which beaches did you end up going to? Did you see any type of jet ski rentals or parasailing anywhere? How about beach bars/restaurants? Thanks in advance for any tips! :)

We just came back from our cruise and did a day at St. Johns. It was absolutely beautiful. Way beyond our expectations. They were waiting for us right outside the gate when we disembarked. The resort was the most beautiful I will probably ever get to. Beach was small but didn't matter. Pool gorgeous, chaise comfy, service good, etc etc. Can't say enough good things. They even brought us into town when we wanted to go look around. My husband and our two friends had massages and said they were great and they were much cheaper than on the ship. It was definitely worth it for the day. Highly recommend.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...
We just came back from our cruise and did a day at St. Johns. It was absolutely beautiful. Way beyond our expectations. They were waiting for us right outside the gate when we disembarked. The resort was the most beautiful I will probably ever get to. Beach was small but didn't matter. Pool gorgeous, chaise comfy, service good, etc etc. Can't say enough good things. They even brought us into town when we wanted to go look around. My husband and our two friends had massages and said they were great and they were much cheaper than on the ship. It was definitely worth it for the day. Highly recommend.

Pam

My husband and I have booked the day pass at the resort for our upcoming cruise on Celebrity Equinox. Our ship is supposed to arrive in Mykonos at 7am and it states on my cruise itinerary that we are going to tender to shore. My question to those of you have experienced the resort is what time did you have the St. John shuttle pick you up? Our cruise ship leaves Mykonos at 6pm so we have all day (we do want to spend a little bit of time in town before heading back to the ship at the end of the day). Also, what were the prices of drinks and food at the resort? Thanks so much for your help!

Becky

Becky,

Just fyi the dates on a couple of the ports switched for the 8/3 sailing of the Equinox. I can't tell from your posts if you know that. I think it was Santorini and Mykonos. (I booked after the change.) So the Mykonos stop is 8/9 now.

Becky,

Just fyi the dates on a couple of the ports switched for the 8/3 sailing of the Equinox. I can't tell from your posts if you know that. I think it was Santorini and Mykonos. (I booked after the change.) So the Mykonos stop is 8/9 now.

Thanks I was aware of the change- we booked St. John's Resort for 8/9 and are having the shuttle pick us up at 9am. For anyone that has been to this resort, how much are massages? We did not book the massage package as that includes a 5 course meal and that was just too much food for us. However, we might be interested in just booking a massage while we are there and I cannot find prices on their website.

Thanks!

Becky

I had asked about massage costs as well and here is what they sent me:

-Aromatotherapy Massage 50 min. 70 euros

-Deep Tissue Massage 50 min. 80 euros

-Hot Stone Massage 50 min. 100 euros

-Back Massage 30 min. 50 euros

-Total Relaxing Massage 60 min. 80 euros

-Scalp Massage 30 min. 50 euros

-In-Room Massage 50 min. 120 euros

Just want to chime in here that the people at St. Johns resort could not be more accommodating and customer friendly. I had multiple email exchanges with them before our June 11 Equinox sailing to arrange transport and buy a day pass (which includes the transport). I sent them my credit card info as required by their reservation form. The night before we were to arrive on Mykonos, the captain informed us that the port was closed due to high winds. I sent St. Johns an email and they very kindly said they would never have charged our card given that the port closure was not our fault. Given that they say on the form, 24 hour cancellation, I thought that was generous and they right thing to do. But it wasn't required.

So I highly recommend the resort and hope to get there someday!

We went to Crete instead.

We're sailing in Sept and would love to use a day pass but cannot get a response from the resort! Any ideas on a more reliable web site?

• 2 weeks later...
We're sailing in Sept and would love to use a day pass but cannot get a response from the resort! Any ideas on a more reliable web site?

Hi , Just back from our cruise:mad: We had a wonderful day at Saint Johns-loved everything about it. We used these emails -- info@saintjohn.gr

or sales @saintjohn.gr.

Phone and speak to Katerina, very helpful, I gave my numbers by phone. We were picked up at 9am, a nice 20 minute run where you see quite a bit of Mykonos. Dropped at reception where we were given a drink, checked in and driven down the hill to the pool area. You have a locker in the Spa and a huge beach towel. The food is really nice and the situation wonderful. I would not hesitate to do it again. Enjoy:)

Hi , Just back from our cruise:mad: We had a wonderful day at Saint Johns-loved everything about it. We used these emails -- info@saintjohn.gr

or sales @saintjohn.gr.

Phone and speak to Katerina, very helpful, I gave my numbers by phone. We were picked up at 9am, a nice 20 minute run where you see quite a bit of Mykonos. Dropped at reception where we were given a drink, checked in and driven down the hill to the pool area. You have a locker in the Spa and a huge beach towel. The food is really nice and the situation wonderful. I would not hesitate to do it again. Enjoy:)

Jim,

It's nice to hear that the resort welcomes cruise ship visitors. Were there many of you?

What's included for the 30euros/pp and how was the lunch/drink menu and cost?

Do they take you back to town or ship whenever you're ready?

Yup, it's sad when the cruise is over. The cure is to book another one!

We are just back from our Crown cruise to the Med. There were 6 of us and we had a great day at St Johns in Mykonos. It was one of our favorite days of the cruise. Easy pick-up by van at the ship at 9 am, and then they dropped us off in town at about 2:30 so we could walk around before going back. The resort was lovely. Great swimming beach and beautiful pool, and use of sunbeds, umbrellas, towels, lockers, etc. We had a great reasonably priced lunch at their seafood grill. We all agreed it was a more than worth the 30 Euros per person. It was such a treat to relax there after sightseeing day after day in the scorching heat.

Archived