Question and Answer

k9hndler

I booked a three night Cruise on Wonder in late Sept to celebrate our 4th Wedding anniversary, and I have a few questions.

1. Has anyone flown into the port Canaveral area using any airport other than Orlando (Such as Melbourne etc.)for a cruise?

2. What is the fastest, most economical method to get to the Cruise terminal from the airport?

3. Are any of the following available on a three night cruise; Pirate night, Brunch at Palo, Formal night, Captain's welcome party?

Any help or other tips for the Wonder would be GREATLY appreciated. My Wife is going to be very excited. Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

I am going on the wonder next week so maybe when we get back i'll be able to help you with your question #3. I know they do have the pirates night party on both ships,, I know Palo's is open for dinner, not sure about brunch, will try and check it out for you, and the Captains night too.

Be sure and tell the cruise line that it's your anniversary and ask them to notify your wait staff. They will bring you out a special cake at dinner and sing to you. We did that on our 30th anniversary.( no extra charge) On the first night be sure and ask your waiter if he got the message about your anniversary, sometimes it gets lost and they don't get it, but they will still do the cake, if you remind them about it on the first night. I think our cake was delivered on 2nd night of the cruise. It was great fun.

mom x4,grandma x4:D

I booked a three night Cruise on Wonder in late Sept to celebrate our 4th Wedding anniversary, and I have a few questions.

1. Has anyone flown into the port Canaveral area using any airport other than Orlando (Such as Melbourne etc.)for a cruise?

2. What is the fastest, most economical method to get to the Cruise terminal from the airport?

3. Are any of the following available on a three night cruise; Pirate night, Brunch at Palo, Formal night, Captain's welcome party?

Any help or other tips for the Wonder would be GREATLY appreciated. My Wife is going to be very excited. Thanks in advance.

My daughter and I sailed Disney Wonder for the 3 night cruise last November, so things could have changed since then...

1. We always fly into Orlando, but check the other airport fares. For us flying from Pittsburgh the time to fly to the smaller airports just wasn't worth the cost savings.

2. We rented a car at MCO and dropped it off in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. We flew in the evening before and stayed in Cocoa Beach. I strongly recommend you do that especially during hurricane season when you are sailing. For the return trip to the airport we took the Disney transportation which worked out very well for us.

3. Pirate night was not available in Nov, but may be now. Only dinner at Palo, no brunch. No formal night or Captain's welcome party.

I don't know what other lines you have cruised, but compared to RCCL for my daughter and me we did not like the evening schedule. We had late dinner seating but on DCL the shows are before dinner for late seating, not after. This really cuts into your time to get ready for dinner especially since you are in port both days of the 3 night cruise.

Hope this helps!

Just to verify that as recently as last month, the Pirate night was offered on the 3-night cruise.

Cathy

Yes, just found a DCL post on another website that this was recently added to the Wonder, both itineraries. Did you attend the Pirate Night? What all was included? How did you like it? Sorry we missed it!

What were the 3 shows they had? Was it still Hercules, Dreams, and Golden Globes?

• 4 weeks later...
My daughter and I sailed Disney Wonder for the 3 night cruise last November, so things could have changed since then...

1. We always fly into Orlando, but check the other airport fares. For us flying from Pittsburgh the time to fly to the smaller airports just wasn't worth the cost savings.

2. We rented a car at MCO and dropped it off in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. We flew in the evening before and stayed in Cocoa Beach. I strongly recommend you do that especially during hurricane season when you are sailing. For the return trip to the airport we took the Disney transportation which worked out very well for us.

3. Pirate night was not available in Nov, but may be now. Only dinner at Palo, no brunch. No formal night or Captain's welcome party.

I don't know what other lines you have cruised, but compared to RCCL for my daughter and me we did not like the evening schedule. We had late dinner seating but on DCL the shows are before dinner for late seating, not after. This really cuts into your time to get ready for dinner especially since you are in port both days of the 3 night cruise.

Hope this helps!

How old is your daughter? We will have our 4-year-old grand daughter with us and I am trying to get an idea about timeframe wise in making sure she will not be hungry during the shows...I take it early seating is better on a Disney Cruise.

One other question, what times are both of the Dinner Seatings?

Thank you,

Cindy

Just to verify that as recently as last month, the Pirate night was offered on the 3-night cruise.

Cathy

This is our first Disney Cruise, in case you haven't guessed..lol.

What is Pirate Night and is it true that we should pack our GD a Dinsey theme dress each night for dinner?

Thanks Again,

Cindy

hope this helps

dont miss the sailaway party...

no formal night on the three day....dress up anyway everybody loves it!!!! you wont be the only ones.

Pirate night in feb it was on nassau day now it is castaway day. Loved this party it is sooooo great. Now there are fireworks...wasn't when we were there. Dont want to spoil it for you but just remember Mickey always saves the day!!! and watch out for Captain Hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may already know this take a pillowcase (plain) or t-shirt put it in a zip lock bag with sharpie marker drop off the first night at guest services you will get it back at the end of the cruise....lots of autographs on it.

There are early show times for those with late dinner seating and late show (8:00) for those with early seating.

You will see lots of princesses dressed for dinner!!

the only captains party type thing is for castaway club members once you have sailed disney your in.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the reply! And ALL of the tidbits! I did not know of the pillowcase/T-shirt idea, so Thank You! I guess it is time to go shopping for Disney dresses...instead of her dress up clothes..lol

The cruise is all about our grand daughter!

If you think of anything else, please feel free to post it! Need all the info from experienced Disney Cruisers, I can get!

When you say Dress up for the adults, do you mean as in character or as in Evening attire?

Also, since we are remaining on the ship during Nassau, will she see characters in the pool area?

All the Best,

I am so appreciative of your hints!

Cindy

You may already know this take a pillowcase (plain) or t-shirt put it in a zip lock bag with sharpie marker drop off the first night at guest services you will get it back at the end of the cruise....lots of autographs on it.

Beth

Beth,

Great idea but I didn't know. How do you get the pillowcase or T-shirt back at the end of the cruise?

I didn't know either but am learning alot fast by reading.

I guess the last night of the cruise go to Guest Services and pick it back up...but I am not expereinced with this so...best to let a DIS cruiser answer that!

Cindy

guest services will either send it to your stateroom......put your last name on the bag with your stateroom number on it......or tell you to pick it up that last night of the cruise.

as for evening attire (formal wear) if you want to dress up really do it...We did so did many many others. Shutters will be set up in the atrim around dinner time for formal family pictures.

another thing you may not know is that you can register your kids for the clubs online.

get to the terminal before 1:00pm (we got there around 10:45am) the Disney buses start coming in then yikes it gets crowded. While in the terminal you can tell when they are going to open up boarding..around 11:30-12:00..first Minnie comes out shutters is there taking pictures. Next Pluto then Mickey. When he comes out boarding will begin in just a few momments.

They have cartoons on in the terminal for the kids to watch.

I have navigators from our cruise scanned into my computer if you would like to see them. I will see if I can post them here too.

Beth

We once flew to Melbourne for a Disney cruise and used ground transportation from a private company to get to the port. Log on to http://www.mlbair.com and click "Ground Transportation". It worked out all right, but they initially lost our reservation and thankfully had a driver available for us. If you book them, reconfirm.

Ironically, Disney told us that they did not provide transportation from Melbourne, but we saw two Disney buses leaving the terminal as we arrived.

The flight to Melbourne wasn't direct from Washington/Dulles, but it was a lot cheaper at the time. Since then, we've been taking direct flights to Orlando.

Karen

Wonder 11/01

Magic 3/02

Magic 11/02

Carnival Destiny (don't ask) 12/03

Booked on Magic Eastbound Panama Canal 8/05

• 4 weeks later...

How does the registering on line for Oceaneeer Club work as far as the best times to reserve a time for the child? We are 1st time cruisers with Disney so we are not yet able to book/reserve her time yet…but soon will be able to. We are 2nd seating if this is needed in giving us good tips.

TIA,

Cindy

Archived