surprise, no surprise

7x57

I've been planning our first cruise to celebrate my our 10 year anniversary for almost two years. Work and other issues have pushed it to the 11 year mark actually.

Being the standard kind of unromantic schlub I thought I'd try to redeem myself and surprise my dear muffin. I booked the trip and prenight, insurance and even cleared the days off with her boss. I arranged for a week of grandmother nanny service for our son and pet care for our "zoo". I deleted any suspecious text message or 1800 number and had emails go to my work account.

I just have to keep low for four months and pack her bag incognito.

I put my phone on the charger in the bedroom that evening and her boss sends me a "congratulations" message and dear muffin asks my why her boss is text messaging me. I'm a terrible liar and she saw right through my "I had a work question". She had the whole thing figured out within 24 hours of that text.

So the surprise is blown.

I wouldn't let it bother you. Personally I get go much enjoyment out of the anticipation of the cruise, I would hate to miss out on it. Actually the CBS morning program just did a story on this, stating the same thing; that most people get as much, or more, enjoyment out of the anticipation. Now you can both look forward to it. :)

I wouldn't let it bother you. Personally I get go much enjoyment out of the anticipation of the cruise, I would hate to miss out on it. Actually the CBS morning program just did a story on this, stating the same thing; that most people get as much, or more, enjoyment out of the anticipation. Now you can both look forward to it. :)

Ohhh....I wish I had seen that...I am one of the people.

:eek:

LOL your wife sounds like me. My poor hubby can't surprise me with anything... well almost anything. Don't feel bad. I know if I were in her shoes, I would be researching, reading and planning until we leave!

What a wonderful hubby you are!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!

You can still surprise her with flowers, chocolates, and bubbly sent to the room. Hubby knows we are going on a cruise for our 5 year Anniversary and has "kind of" helped plan the whole thing. He doesn't know that I bought the "High Seas Gift package" from BV to have delivered to our room. It was paid for the day or two after the cruise, so the hit to our account I just played off as another "cruise" charge that went along with the shore excursions, spa treatments, ect... Heck the cruise is 6 months away I may forget about it by the time sail off comes around :p

I believe there is a lot of truth in that. Shes already planning the next cruise (the way she would have done it hadn't I already booked this one). ;)

I tried to surprise my DH with a cruise this past January on the Dream. In October of 2011 Carnival sent my DH an e-mail to his account saying "Welcome'Back". He came home from work and was so happy that I would think to do that. I was bummed, but we laughed about it and a fabulous time. Enjoy your cruise!

I've been planning our first cruise to celebrate my our 10 year anniversary for almost two years. Work and other issues have pushed it to the 11 year mark actually.

Being the standard kind of unromantic schlub I thought I'd try to redeem myself and surprise my dear muffin. I booked the trip and prenight, insurance and even cleared the days off with her boss. I arranged for a week of grandmother nanny service for our son and pet care for our "zoo". I deleted any suspecious text message or 1800 number and had emails go to my work account.

I just have to keep low for four months and pack her bag incognito.

I put my phone on the charger in the bedroom that evening and her boss sends me a "congratulations" message and dear muffin asks my why her boss is text messaging me. I'm a terrible liar and she saw right through my "I had a work question". She had the whole thing figured out within 24 hours of that text.

So the surprise is blown.

Oh, that's too bad. Does she know all the details now? Where you're heading, etc.?

It's not really a bad thing. I do think she'd really rather pack herself.

You can still surprise her. Maybe some nice lingerie, an 'elegant' night dress.

I'm sure she'd be VERY appreciative. ;)

Archived