Aruba

Does anyone one know of any hotels on palm beach in Aruba that will give you a day rate or allow you to use the hotels beach and pool for the day

We will be in Aruba for the day on July 12 2005 on AOS and we were hoping to go to palm beach but we are having a problem getting any kind of rate.

Thanks for the help

The Allegro is $45 pp for ai for the day but I think it's closed for reservation this summer.

The holiday inn is $75 pp for ai for the day.

I'm sure if you eat or drink at the other resorts, marriott, radisson, hyatt, etc you can use their chairs.

We were just on the aos in April. We did the catamaran in the morning to palm beach and then stopped by the divi mega aruba resort and bought drink tickets. They have a great beach but small pool.

The manchebo resort on eagle beach offers beach chairs at $10 pp.

I got all this information on prices from the actual resorts prior to leaving.

You can also email www.moombabeach.com they are located on palm beach and i think they rent chairs. They also have a restaurant.

Hope this helps. You will love it there.

Keep in mind that the hotels do now "own" the beach in front of them.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn several times as regular guests for a week's vacation. We have also visited Aruba on cruises. We take a bus to Palm Beach (only costs $1) or a cab (around $8). Bus ride is kind of fun - Aruba is a very safe, easy to love island. The Holiday Inn is on Palm Beach, as are the other "high rise" hotels.

The beaches in front of them are all public beaches. You do not have to be a guest to use them. The hotels do, however, have chairs, towels, etc. for their guests. You cannot use them, or at least shouldn't, they do check room keys from time to time. I believe you can rent chairs. However, if you want to just sit on the beach it is a public beach. Obviously that does not include the hotel pools.

You can eat and drink at any of the hotels, or fast food places if you wish. The hotels serve many non guests. No one has ever frowned at me for using he bathroom - the Holiday Inn, for example, has a bathroom in the main building that has a door from the pool area.

Hope that helps.

Can't recommend an all inclusive, but a dinner hot spot to go to is Mirandis (www.marandiaruba.com). It is an awesome place with phenomenal food. Last July we were in Aruba on the AOS and decided not to eat on the ship. We couldn't have been happier. I'd recommend making reservations through the website, though. The place is well known now, and will be full if you don't reserve. It is right on the water....a huge hut....tables in the sand....sunset....just incredible

HI Butch!

I see you are gearing up for the AOS again this year. Have a great time!!!

As you can see by my signature, I have a few cruises coming up (actually, there is one cruise missing from my countdown, Monarch of the Seas July 29, 2005). I'd love to do the AOS again, but the family wants to do different things.

Hi Laurie

Yep we are getting ready YEAAAAAAA..... All 6 of us can,t wait.........

We also booked one for Oct 2005 Wish you guys were doing AOS again

We are looking at Freedom of the seas for next year. Talk to you soon

Butch

Archived