Why I still love CCL even with some cutbacks

sunshine002

Some have stated if you are now Platinum you will be Diamond with the new program, so I have no problem with the new program. (If this is the case) This makes sense since Diamond has most of the perks of the current Platinum.

I can still take on soda or a bottle of wine, wish I could do so on RCCL.

I find CCL has larger cabins than many of lines and I prefer the food to RCCL.

I always enjoy the piano bar and the fact that the ship is not shut down at 10pm.

I must admit I have only sailed on CCL, RCCL and Celebrity.

Also on RCCL you cannot combine promos/shipboard credit/balcony discount or FCC. As far as I know shipboard credits can still be combined.

Since I am a shareholder on both CCL & RCCL I enjoy this perk of the shareholder shipboard credit. On my last RCCL cruise I received the balcony discount hence no shareholder shipboard credit.

I will miss the farewell party, only missed it once, since I was at a private party and didn't know about it.

I dont believe people who could have as few as 30 days will become diamond... sorry. Until I see it in writing and not someone made a phone call and thats what they "heard"

Only insides and OVs are larger on Carnival .. so if you love Carnival and do it so much, you must only check out the cheaper berths? I know balconys on RCL are larger and suites blow Carnival away. I just did a JS on Jewel OTS and LOVED it.

People I know take on soda on RCL still, just be discreet. I have taken a few myself, and I remember on Oasis, they did look at the coke and I had one in my hand unfinished they did inspect .. but they were fine with it. They just dont have a rule about it like Carnival.

I do like I can combine OBC on Carnival ..thats a plus to me, but most of the other ..eh, no biggie one way or another. I will continue to cruise both lines.

Archived