New parking at portside

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but there is a new parking area opposite portside at Brisbane. It is on the corner at roundabout opposite terminal. It is run by Abel and is outside only but is only $7 per day so cheaper than other options. I think we will try it for our next cruise.:)

port side parking are very good, if you have racq or some thing likw\e it cheaper again.

That's not quite correct.

Portside parking is close to Portside wharf and will also take you to the Airport(s) and the cruise terminal. Book through their website, pay up front and it is a bit cheaper.

Andrews Parking does the airport run and you can get a discount through them if you are an RACQ member and book through the link on the RACQ website and quote your RACQ membership number in your booking. You have to show your card when you turn up with your car.

I've used both but mostly use Portside Parking as it is convenient and find them extremely reliable.

That's not quite correct.

Portside parking is close to Portside wharf and will also take you to the Airport(s) and the cruise terminal. Book through their website, pay up front and it is a bit cheaper.

Andrews Parking does the airport run and you can get a discount through them if you are an RACQ member and book through the link on the RACQ website and quote your RACQ membership number in your booking. You have to show your card when you turn up with your car.

I've used both but mostly use Portside Parking as it is convenient and find them extremely reliable.

you will find both Andrews and port side parking do both the air port and port side, they both give the Racq discounts which is 10%, and they both owned by the same company/ person.

Thanks for that information, Suey. I'm sure it will be useful. :) We are lucky that we have friends who take us to the port and we reciprocate for them.

Yes we usually have one of my kids to take us in or me when they are cruising. But when we all go it gets a bit awkward - like next Feb when all my four kids and partners are cruising with my sister and I as a family again. In the past we have hired a mini-bus and trailer to take us all in but the last time we did this the trailer leaked and all our luggage got wet. Having wet clothes is not a good start to a cruise. So for the last big family cruise we drove a couple of cars in and used the parking.:)

Yes we usually have one of my kids to take us in or me when they are cruising. But when we all go it gets a bit awkward - like next Feb when all my four kids and partners are cruising with my sister and I as a family again. In the past we have hired a mini-bus and trailer to take us all in but the last time we did this the trailer leaked and all our luggage got wet. Having wet clothes is not a good start to a cruise. So for the last big family cruise we drove a couple of cars in and used the parking.:)

Ouch...no, not a good start. Washing/drying clothes is just not the way to start a cruise. :(

Archived