Dog sledding options questions.....

hockeygal54

I am going on Coral Princess Aug 9 (starting in Fairbanks and work our way down to Whittier and board Coral 8/13. I want a really good dog sled excursion and of course the one @ top of my list is the one on the glacier and inc helicopter flight. I keep reading this tour freq is weathered out.

We have booked Harv and Marv in Juneau 10a tour and looking @ some seaplane tours in Ketchikan.

Any input is appreciated.

If you are really concerned about being "weathered out" one dog sled excursion that you could do on your way down from Fairbanks is contact the Knik River Lodge and tell them you want to do the dog sled ride on the knik Glacier and they can arrange it. You can either fly there or take a boat....and the guy that is running the glacier operation is a guy by the name of Rick Casillo and he is a good guy....This is one glacier flight that will probably not get weathered out...because of where it is.....If you wait until your cruise, i would go with Coastal Helicopters and Sebastian Schnuelle Blue Kennel tours.....I think that he gives the best glacier tour there is....and that is where my dogs choose to spend their summer vacation....:) When you are in Fairbanks, also check out Husky Homestead...actually near Denali...and do one of their tours. Jeff is a 4 time Iditarod winner and a heck of a nice guy....and gives a great demonstration and talk. He does not give cart rides but it is a wonderful introduction about what you will see....

Archived