Bermuda from Bayonne in October

formula14

Hi, Had 2 questions... Is it cold on deck on the sea days, especially on the 1st couple of days on a mid Oct departure from Bayonne to Bermuda? I'm assuming jackets/sweaters are in order & not much sun lounging in bathing suits going on, but I may be wrong. Great deals in October from NY, but wondering if it's too cold for our liking. How much does it cost to park at the port? Any insight appreciated. thanks!

It all depends on what the weather is like on the eastern seaboard and in the adjacent Atlantic Ocean...it can be quite variable in October. Last year we came home from Bermuda in late October to cars covered in snow because of a freak early season storm. At other times it's been quite warm. Unlike temperatures in mid summer, October is impossible to predict...and you could be able to use the pool on the trip down and back.

Parking at Cape Liberty is $19 per day.

We have cruised to Bermuda from NY the last 5 or 6 years (this october from bayonne) each time in October, once first week of september. We have been blessed each trip with perfect weather. Hot enough for swimming in BDA, but never warm enough on the cruise the first full day for the pools. Second day it warmed up nicely to use the pools and everyone was sunning themselves on the deck.

We always get dropped off as we live locally so can't help you with price on parking.

Last year we did get hit with that freak snowstorm, didn't affect us and we cruised the very next day.It was the perfect time to leave :)

Hi, Had 2 questions... Is it cold on deck on the sea days, especially on the 1st couple of days on a mid Oct departure from Bayonne to Bermuda? I'm assuming jackets/sweaters are in order & not much sun lounging in bathing suits going on, but I may be wrong. Great deals in October from NY, but wondering if it's too cold for our liking. How much does it cost to park at the port? Any insight appreciated. thanks!

On the other hand, we've gone to Bermuda in Oct (early October) and had beautiful weather. We were at and in the pool everyday. If you are leaving from Manhattan, I think parking there is now $32 a day, or thereabouts. I don't know the exact website but if you google "Manhattan cruise ship parking", follow the links and it will give you all of the information you need. Price/directions/map etc.

On the other hand, we've gone to Bermuda in Oct (early October) and had beautiful weather. We were at and in the pool everyday. If you are leaving from Manhattan, I think parking there is now $32 a day, or thereabouts. I don't know the exact website but if you google "Manhattan cruise ship parking", follow the links and it will give you all of the information you need. Price/directions/map etc.

The OP specifically asked about Cape Liberty in Bayonne. Parking there is $19 per day.

Parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is $35 per day.

We did a Nov 4th cruise on RCCL EoS to Bermuda 4 or 5 years back. Cruise ship showed up 8 hours late due to a tropical storm. It was sunny and warm weather cruising to Bermuda, and sunny hi 70's to mid 80's while in Bermuda. Sea day to Boston from Bermuda was cold and windy with large waves. 40's for our day in Boston. Then in the 70's as we pulled into Beyonne the next day. Any form of weather condition in October can be expected. We had a lot of fun that cruise.

Archived