Ncl star family suite or 2 bedroom suite

I would suggest going with the 2-bedroom option, because then you will have the second bathroom, a balcony to enjoy, and the "living space" portion of the suite will not be completely disrupted by having the sofa bed and the murphy bed both in use. JMHO/ymmv

You might want to keep an eye on the price of the DOS on deck 12 - the two middle DOS's are two bedroom/two bath, and being DOS's come with a few more perks (3 bottles of alcohol and unlimited sodas/waters). On my last two cruises on the Star the DOS was cheaper than the two bedroom suites on deck 11! Keep in mind though you do give up the balcony.

One thing though, Bermuda is so hot and muggy (very humid) which means sitting out on the balcony may not be an option.

The Family suite SJ (with no balcony) may be your best bet - few feet down the hallway to the pool or up the stairs to the open deck, and you'd be glad to return to a very large cool room after spending the day sightseeing.

It's inexpensive and you all get suite perks!!

I would suggest going with the 2-bedroom option, because then you will have the second bathroom, a balcony to enjoy, and the "living space" portion of the suite will not be completely disrupted by having the sofa bed and the murphy bed both in use. JMHO/ymmv

I completely agree ...and for the same reasons! We have used our balcony on every cruise, warm and cold weather. Also, we love to be able to use our living and dining area. A huge bonus when getting up in the morning or getting ready for dinner? The second bath!

A balcony is not a deal maker for me,I had a balcony many times and it just doesn't get utilized that often.Its nice to sit out there and have a drink while the wife gets ready for dinner,I am leaning towards the open floor plan of the family suite

Good to hear you are deciding toward the SJ suite.

There is a pull down from wall Murphy bed - your two smaller kids can sleep on it. As for the couch, it might be better for it to be made up as bed as it is - unfolded out. It's a long one and very comfy. If it's folded out it might be uncomfy due to the "bones".

If couch is slept in unfolded out, the little table and chairs can stay in their place.

When the Murphy bed is down the dining table and chairs are moved to the middle of room.

The room is so spacious - it's an open-plan room with curtains/sliders as dividers. All windows are floor to ceiling.

I was in a Star Family Suite in November last year. It was nice....but having to use the murphy bed puts the table and chairs between the main bed and the dressing table/desk. After a few days of moving things back and forth, the steward just kept the table and chairs in the middle. It was awkward to get around in the room. Only one TV. If you are the murphy bed person, you can't really see it. With all this being said, I would probably book this room again.

Although I do have the 2 bdrm fam ste booked for the repositioning cruise in October. I will probably have a better idea of which suite works best. I do like the idea of 2 bathrooms. 3 tv's is good too. and a balcony.

Archived