Port of baltimore Hotels

Andie272

We are cruising end of August on the Pride. I need to book a hotel, where I can park my car for the week and get a shuttle to and from the port.

The 3 hotels I am looking at are:

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Baltimore Cruiseport

DAYS INN GLEN BURNIE CRUISEPORT, Baltimore Cruiseport Airport

RODEWAY INN BALTIMORE , Baltimore Cruiseport

has anybody stayed in any of these? Were they clean? How was the shuttle service? Anything I need to know?

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Thought the hotel was ok for a 1 night stay. Nothing much in the area that is walkable. If you are looking at this hotel for the cruise shuttle look elsewhere IMHO.

Totally agree about looking elsewhere!

We are cruising end of August on the Pride. I need to book a hotel, where I can park my car for the week and get a shuttle to and from the port.

The 3 hotels I am looking at are:

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Baltimore Cruiseport

DAYS INN GLEN BURNIE CRUISEPORT, Baltimore Cruiseport Airport

RODEWAY INN BALTIMORE , Baltimore Cruiseport

has anybody stayed in any of these? Were they clean? How was the shuttle service? Anything I need to know?

Thank you in advance

There are quite a few hotels in the BWI Airport area that provide parking and shuttles. The BWI Airport hotels are about 20-30 minutes to the port depending on traffic.

I agree. All three hotels offer stay and cruise packages and are either at the Inner Harbor or within a short shuttle bus ride to it. Shuttle service is free to guests. DW and I stayed at the Admiral Fel Inn (part of Harbor Magic). They park your car in a secure facility and provide limo service to and from the cruise port.

Thank you. I ended up booking the Best Western. I liked that I was able to schedule the shuttle time I wanted now, as opposed to when I check in.

Where is the hotel located?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Here is the location of the hotel

Best Western PLUS Hotel & Conference Center

Guest Confirmation

5625 O'Donnell St

Baltimore, MD 21224

Phone: (410)633-9500

Fax: (410)633-2812

There are many post about this place..it's across the street from a truck stop on the property is a truck wash place Very low income housing nearby No place to eat or walk nearby. Oh yeah almost forgot to mention the police cameras mounted near by

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Here is the location of the hotel

Best Western PLUS Hotel & Conference Center

Guest Confirmation

5625 O'Donnell St

Baltimore, MD 21224

Phone: (410)633-9500

Fax: (410)633-2812

This is not a really good part of town. I had friends stay there last year and had problems. There were multiple times that the police were needed in the parking lot, there is also the truck stop that Tony mentioned. There are better hotels and locations to choose from than this one. I suggest you re-think staying at this hotel.

How about the Days Inn at 6600 Ritchie Highway?

And the Holiday Inn, was was bad about the shuttle?

Thanks for the info on Best Western. I don't mind that nothing is walkable, we will have our car, but I want to feel safe.

We stayed at the La Quinta on Ritchie Highway when we cruised in February. Not fancy, but it was nice, we had no issues. We had the cruise and park package, where we were able to leave our car for the length of the cruise (12 nights), and included a free breakfast = typical fare. Their was another couple that booked at the last minute, and the shuttle was not available for them so they sent them to the port in a taxi van, which I thought was nice. Because we came down early, they sent us along with them, so we did not use the hotel's shuttle to go to the port.

When we got back, one of the other passengers staying at the same hotel called for the shuttle and had them wait for us, so we walked right off, got onto the shuttle, and were back to the hotel in no time.

How about the Days Inn at 6600 Ritchie Highway?

And the Holiday Inn, was was bad about the shuttle?

Thanks for the info on Best Western. I don't mind that nothing is walkable, we will have our car, but I want to feel safe.

This is the same Days Inn that was not recommended previously. It is the Days Inn Glen Burnie. If you want to feel safe do not stay at that Best Western. From what my friends told me the repeated presence of the police was due to car break in's and suspicious people hanging out in the parking lot. Try looking at some of the hotels near the BWI Airport. There are many to chose from and some of them have park and stay rates and shuttles to the port. The BWI Airport hotel zone is a pretty safe area and there are hotels from clean and affordable to some of the higher end chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Embassy Suites, etc.).

Thank you. I ended up booking the Best Western. I liked that I was able to schedule the shuttle time I wanted now, as opposed to when I check in.

Andrea...it's not the shuttle to the port you have to worry about because they are all timed. The problem is everyone leaves the baggage area after the cruise at approximately the same time....all wanting the next shuttle. We used the Hyatt Place and it worked great, but the wait for a shuttle (apparently there was only one) was 2 hours. Please know that you won't be able to wait inside, as after everyone exits the baggage claim area, the doors will be shut. You will be waiting outside no matter what the weather.

Nancy

Yes on Dorsey.

Any feedback on this LaQuinta, 6323 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061?

I have never been to the Best Western Plus. It is further away from the cruise port and if you are unfamiliar with the area it can be quite confusing to get to the Best Western Plus as Dorsey Rd. is not one continuous road. Dorsey Rd. has different sections that do not connect.

I also cannot help you about the LaQuinta in Glen Burnie, there was one previous poster that mentioned it though.

I really think you should consider some of the hotels in the BWI Hotel zone. Many of these hotels provide exactly what you are looking for as far as a safe place to leave your car, a good nights rest, and transfers to the cruiseport. The BWI Hotel zone is easy to get to with plenty of signage to keep you from getting lost. If you are on a budget there are hotels there for any budget. The hotel zone is on Elkridge Landing Rd., Nursery Rd., and Winterson Rd.

I really think you should consider some of the hotels in the BWI Hotel zone. Many of these hotels provide exactly what you are looking for as far as a safe place to leave your car, a good nights rest, and transfers to the cruiseport. The BWI Hotel zone is easy to get to with plenty of signage to keep you from getting lost. If you are on a budget there are hotels there for any budget. The hotel zone is on Elkridge Landing Rd., Nursery Rd., and Winterson Rd.

Thanks I will look into this area.

Archived