Scheduling Airline/ The Allure

We are now considering flying to Ft Lauderdale and have been looking at flights. We would be flying in on Saturday so flight times would not a problem, but return flight times are giving me grief. My question..... How late can you remain on the Allure before you have to leave the ship when it docks in Ft. Lauderdale?

From memory, if your not off by 10am, they start calling your name and they release the hounds. They are remarkably efficient and the new group of passengers are frequently getting on at 11. If you can't get a flight till after 3pm, look into a post cruise excursion, I have done this twice, it helps pass the time and they take care of our luggage. You might be able to get your bags sent over to the airport and find a day rate at a beach motel. I have never done that. I did to the Everglades airboat ride once, it was fun. And I also did a shopping/sightseeing tour, it was a little lame, but did kill most of the time.

We are now considering flying to Ft Lauderdale and have been looking at flights. We would be flying in on Saturday so flight times would not a problem, but return flight times are giving me grief. My question..... How late can you remain on the Allure before you have to leave the ship when it docks in Ft. Lauderdale?

We did the walk-off at 6:15am. Our flight was at 9:45am. Very easy on the Oasis.

On the Allure...we could not get flights out until 8:30PM. Had to leave ship at 10am. Needless to say...this was a very long day. We took a cab to 17th st. where all the stores, restaurants, and shops are and then took a cab to the airport at 6pm.

Oh...I forgot..we had our bags sent to the airport so we were not stuck with them all day.

The night before you return to Fort Lauderdale, they will leave a note with the time you disembark. Could be anywhere from 6-10

You are right...but the OP wants to know how long she can stay. (we are assuming they have a late flight)

They can stay until they are kicked off and their name is announced over the PA to leave..lol..how embarrassing.:eek:

Just think about how early you would like to be onboard for your cruise. ALL previous passengers must be off, and the ship ckeared before you can get on. If you stay on too late at the end of your cruise there will be lots of unhappy people you are holding up from getting on. I would be orepared to be off no later than 9:30 unless you want to be "that person":)

The PA page could be embarrassing. On last cruise return to San Diego, customs was waiting for one non-U.S. citizen to report. They were nice at first, around 7:00 AM (maybe earlier) announcing all non-U.S. citizens should be in the lounge to be processed by customs. This announcement continued about every 15 minutes and by about 7:45 they began paging the "guests from cabin xyz" please report. This also repeated a couple times but by 8:30 they began calling the guy by name. Debarkation did not even begin until about 8:45 and the scramble began to get the early flight off the ship. I am sure they still met their goal of an empty ship by 10:00. This is not the way I would like everybody to know my name.

If you can get your luggage to the airport somehow then make your own excursion. If you have a very late flight consider renting a car at FLL and explore for the afternoon, its likely less expensive than a cruise line post trip excursion.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived