All Suites Sold Out

charlielinda

I'm going to be on the Summit on October 23 and right now all the SS cabins and above are sold out. Do you think this is really possible or do you think a travel agency is holding cabins.

I was told that there were handicapped SS cabins available but they were unable to release them unless you had a letter from a doctor. I was a bit surprised at this -- has anyone else run into that?

Obviously I'm waitlisted for a SS so . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed.

During a cruise several years ago, I tried to book during the cruise.

All of the CC cabins were not available. I asked how can this be since it is over one year away? The Future Cruise Consultant told me that many times Celebrity will not release a block of cabins until "they figure out what the price should be".

In about a month after our cruise suddenly all of the cabins opened up.

Perhaps this is what is happening.

As for as the handicap cabin, needing a doctors letter, I personally am all for this. On one cruise we were on a couple told us they were in a handicap room and always booked it because of the extra room. I though this to be rather rude.

Since that time a doctors letter is needed. I think its a good idea.

If no handicapped people actually ask to book the room, then I don't see what's rude about someone who isn't handicapped wanting to use it. Celebrity would probably rather sell it than let it sit idle. Of course, I'm hoping that the way things work is that if a handicapped person does want to book, that they move the fully-abled people elsewhere. Well, that's how things would work in my ideal world at least :)

As for the suites: I tried to book a Sky Suite on Mercury in September. The first time I looked at my travel agent's site, there were lots of suites left. Then suddenly there were only two, and both on the Penthouse deck with smaller verandahs. Then, one suite started showing up on the deck I wanted on the side of the ship I wanted, so I grabbed it. Then, about three weeks later, LOTS of suites started showing up as available on that deck -- with even bigger/better verandahs than the one I grabbed. So, I don't really understand about all the appearance/disappearance of accomodations, but I do find it a bit frustrating.

About two weeks before an Alaska sailing on Infinity, a handicapped Sky Suite on a previously sold out sailing became available and we took it.

They hold on to the handicapped rooms until the last minute.

Archived