Pacific Pearl cabin 6156

thanks...sounds perfect. I was a litle worried about noise.

We can see you were right next door! It DOES seem like a great location.

Please what are the shops next door?

Also where is the library area please?

DH asked what are the shows & theme nights - recomendations please

and the age old desire to know what the food was like and what was good....LOL!

BTW any FREE hot chocolate available

B&B&C :)

thanks...sounds perfect. I was a litle worried about noise. Noise was fine on Port side. We were also very worried, but it was fine. We kept waiting for noise but none, well, very little. On the Starboard side it was a smoking area so we thought it could have been very noisy on that side.

We can see you were right next door! It DOES seem like a great location.

Please what are the shops next door?

The shops were the Chocolate Shop, and all the main clothing shops.

Also where is the library area please?

The Library was on deck 8, but unless you are there on the first day, you could miss out.

DH asked what are the shows & theme nights - recomendations please

and the age old desire to know what the food was like and what was good....LOL!

The shows we saw were good, but we are not a fan of the Marquee Theatre on the Pearl, terrible seating, so did not see a lot. If you are on shortly, Eddie Stone in the Orient and Retro Soul in Connections were great! Theme nights, I think they had a Country and Western, Island, Pirates. The food was great. We were on the Jewel last month so I think we can compare. We thought the food was better on the Pearl in the Waterfront, but certainly not in the Plantation. The burgers at The Grill were great (pity we only tried the last day!) Favorite dishes .... Dessert - Creme Brulee, Entree ...Salmon Entree (which is on all the time) and DH says the Pork Belly was great (he had it 3 times) as a main.

BTW any FREE hot chocolate available I don't think so, as we do not usually have hot chocolate. I know you can purchase in Charlies. Why don't you take some of your favorite hot chocolate and if possible just add hot water or ask for hot milk!

Have a great time, if you need to know anything else, just ask.!

Just came off the Pearl. Had a ball. Nice ship. We were on deck5 but our friends were on 6 and were very happy. Not impressed with the Marquis but found the Passenger areas more plentiful than on the Jewel. Zoltina was CD. Not too bad. Food in Plantation ok Waterfront was good. Staff were very friendly. Shows great. Disembarkation was a breeze. New system where Customs come onboard and check your yellow cards before getting off. All in All a great time was had by all.

Just came off the Pearl. Had a ball. Nice ship. We were on deck5 but our friends were on 6 and were very happy. Not impressed with the Marquis but found the Passenger areas more plentiful than on the Jewel. Zoltina was CD. Not too bad. Food in Plantation ok Waterfront was good. Staff were very friendly. Shows great. Disembarkation was a breeze. New system where Customs come onboard and check your yellow cards before getting off. All in All a great time was had by all.

we got off the pearl today at 7.30 and we had to go thru customs the old way

we got off the pearl today at 7.30 and we had to go thru customs the old way

Customs or immigration on board the ship? Would passports be checked on board for passengers who are traveling on foreign passports? (that is what happened to us when we were on Mariner of the Seas).

New system where Customs come onboard and check your yellow cards before getting off

what time did they start the new system as we got off at 7.30 and we had to go thru customs after disembarking the ship

Our time to get off the ship was 7.35am, but our colour was called at about 7.25am. Customs came thru Connextions, checked our ingoing card, stamped it and we then we disembarked. Did not have to show our passport at all.

Very quick in deed. We were on our train home by 8.15am:D

Our time to get off the ship was 7.35am, but our colour was called at about 7.25am. Customs came thru Connextions, checked our ingoing card, stamped it and we then we disembarked. Did not have to show our passport at all.

Very quick in deed. We were on our train home by 8.15am:D

we went from deck 5 at 7.30 but we saw the customs board the ship just after 7.00 but they didnt come near us so we went off as normal

we went from deck 5 at 7.30 but we saw the customs board the ship just after 7.00 but they didnt come near us so we went off as normal

Were you self assist? Perhaps they were just trying something new.

We were on Jewel in late April, and they did not do it this way. On Jewel they just had customs there to give advice on items that were being declared. I thought that this is what was going to happen yesterday, but our card was stamped and off we went!

Were you self assist? Perhaps they were just trying something new.

We were on Jewel in late April, and they did not do it this way. On Jewel they just had customs there to give advice on items that were being declared. I thought that this is what was going to happen yesterday, but our card was stamped and off we went!

we had wheel chair assistance and customs did not come anywhere near deck 5 while we were there....we were outside by 7.35....so quick and efficient

Thanks for your feedback folks.........yes we will take some hot choccie packets with us-the very reason for asking! ;)

Our grandie will just love the fact that the chocolate shop is right next door......lol!

And will get an early seat at the theatre as we LOVE the live shows and I believe the lower level seating is best. Retro soul sounds great, will check them out and DH has taken your recommendation of the port belly and the Grill burgers-(sounds like lunch is decided by the pool)...lol!

Boarding on Sunday..starting to get excited now, so off to throw some things in the cases :)

Cheers B&B&C

i had a look at the deck plan and 6156 is under Connexions Bar so you could get some noise from the bar above

We were in 6168 and this was close to Connextions Bar. 6156 won't be near Connextions. The cabins are actually under the outside deck on deck 7. Only the slight scaping of noise at some times and this was mainly by crew moving deck chairs.

I shall rely on your expert experience of being in 6158 which is directly next to our cabin.

I shalll report back the findings when we return. thank you!:)

We were in 6168 but I am sure you will not have any issues. Enjoy your trip, I wish it was us!

:D well all packed the last few items now. Had all the kids over for dinner and I'm pooped.so off to bed for an early start in the morning.

Luckily our son will drive us to the airport and wave his daughter and us bon voyage!

Think of us this time tomorrow having a cocktail in the dome for you all

Archived