Our first cruise with a 6 month old!

JBert

First, I wanted to thank everyone on here for the pages of great information! It's been a huge help with guiding us through preparing for this trip.

I figured that we see reviews in our various cruise forums about a whole trip, but none focusing on the details of traveling with kids. This will be an attempt at doing just that.

When we get back, ill be posting tips & tricks, lessons learned, pictures and other useful info!

A little introduction!

My wife, 6 month old daughter and I are sailing on RCCL's Explorer Of The Sea out of Cape Liberty, NJ on 6.2.2012. This is a quick 5 night trip to Bermuda for 2 days and back.

We figured that 5 nights would be a great introduction/test to cruising with our DD. We're going to be driving from CT to NJ the morning of - about 3 hours ( and no flights!). We flew with her back in February with no issues. She slept on both nonstop flights from MA to FL - a painless experience!

We're staying in JS 9618. After staying in a JS pre-baby, it was a no brainer to book this room again. The increased space for a pack & play, walk in closet to store her stroller, full tub and close location to elevators helped with the decision.

I think that covers the introduction! If anyone has any questions or wants me to look for any info while onboard, please let me know!

I think you'll have a fabulous time! Your cabin is great...and the tub is a time/life saver with a baby!

Stay flexible and have fun....your daughter won't really know where she is, so if you're happy, she'll be content!

I wouldn't say there are "no reviews" focusing on family cruises. That's what we all do around here ;) With that being said - have a great cruise to Bermuda! It became my favorite place to cruise with kids last year. So much so that I did it twice last year.

I hope you have a great sail away today!

Not sure how you've missed reviews focused on family, that's pretty much what this forum is. There are TONS of hints/tips and reviews for nearly every age and cruiseline.

Regardless, you're going to have a lot of fun.

We cruised with our 6 month old back in January(I reviewed it in the Carnival forumn, and linked that here). Having our baby on board and the attention given to him were among the highlights of the trip.

Not sure how you've missed reviews focused on fa.rmily, that's pretty much what this forum is. There are TONS of hints/tips and reviews for nearly every age and cruiseline.

Regardless, you're going to have a lot of fun.

We cruised with our 6 month old back in January(I reviewed it in the Carnival forumn, and linked that here). Having our baby on board and the attention given to him were among the highlights of the trip.

Not at all! Just a starter thread before we left. Got back yesterday, and has a great trip! I'll try to post my "family review" tonight.

Can't wait to read this! I will be going on Oasis with my 9 month old in less then two weeks. I have been reading lots of reviews and contrary to the snotty remarks it can be quite daunting with the thousands of reviews to find the ones that give the best tips, experiences, and warnings! Especially with the real young kids. 18 months and younger. Hope it was amazing!

Not at all! Just a starter thread before we left. Got back yesterday, and has a great trip! I'll try to post my "family review" tonight.

Looking forward to reading your experience! We very much enjoyed our 10 nighter when DS was 9 months old.

Archived