Hair braiding in Grand Turk

Bibble

We have gotten my daughter's hair braided in Nassau and Freeport, both by "legitimate" ladies - meaning that they are licensed, in a specific spot, not just walking on the beach with a grocery bag full of beads and elastic bands.

Can anyone tell me if there are places in Grand Turk to get it done like that? and/or do you know if any of the ladies on the beach there are reputable?

(for those of you who haven't dealt with the little braids, there is truly a reason I ask... when the do it, they pull the hair tight, and sometimes it hurts the scalp. Not a huge deal, BUT, we have had friends get it done on the beach, with less than stellarly clean combs, and have ended up with sores and infections on their scalp. I'm more concerned about that than the cost).

Thank you!

I don't know if they were licensed or not but there were definitely women braiding hair. My DD and I were specifically looking to get her hair braided in Grand Turk and there were several women standing directly outside the Cruise Center area. They had a spot set up with some chairs and the woman did a very good job on DD's hair. She's very tender-headed and didn't seem to find it uncomfortable at all.

I don't know if they were licensed or not but there were definitely women braiding hair. My DD and I were specifically looking to get her hair braided in Grand Turk and there were several women standing directly outside the Cruise Center area. They had a spot set up with some chairs and the woman did a very good job on DD's hair. She's very tender-headed and didn't seem to find it uncomfortable at all.

Thanks so much - if we don't find anyone within the cruise center, we will walk towards the outside. Even if not "licensed", the ideas of chairs set up, as opposed to beach, sand in combs, etc, is more appealing to me.

Archived