Interior Cabins on Golden Princess - Twin Only?

beg3yrs

We took advantage of a last minute (well, really last month) deal on a sailing from Seattle to Alaska and are now booked into four cabins for DW and I, DD, SIL and four grandchildren. Not surprisingly, with the late bookings and a deal, all that was available were guarantee cabins. We booked three interiors in category L and one balcony in category BE.

Our initial documentation from Princess stated on two of the three interiors that the bed configuration would be "Twin - Not Convertible". I was wondering how they could do this without a specific assignment but figured for a seven day cruise we'd make anything work.

At this time we've received assignments for the interior cabins, P259 in Category L, and upgrades for the other two in category JJ on Baja deck, B203 and B714. The "Twin - Not Convertible" language remains in the documentation for B203 and P259.

My question to the CC collective is "How can I tell the actual cabin configuration capabilities?" I've looked at the deck plans but don't really get any clue as to the configuration of the specific cabins.

Thanks for the help!

None of the cabins you listed are marked as twin only on the deck plan for the Golden.

We also had a cabin listed that way on an earlier cruise on a different ship, but there was no problem hacing it as a queen setup.

If you are using the upper bunks for grandchildren then the beds must stay as twin, Princess believe that if you out the beds together as a queen then the bunks are difficult to access. We are on the Grand this summer and with our daughter and our cabin is marked the same, twin non convertible.

Hope this helps. Gillian

If you are using the upper bunks for grandchildren then the beds must stay as twin, Princess believe that if you out the beds together as a queen then the bunks are difficult to access. We are on the Grand this summer and with our daughter and our cabin is marked the same, twin non convertible.

Hope this helps. Gillian

None of the cabins listed by the OP are shown to have bunks per the ship's map on the Princess web site.

Thanks everybody for the replies!

Yep, I wanted to get cabins with upper bunks but at the special price only double cabins were available, ended up with four cabins for eight people. Too bad those family suites get booked up so fast (probably not at the special price though).

Anyway, we've been looking at how to possibly redistribute pax once we board and the capability for queen beds is one factor to consider.

Anyway, we've been looking at how to possibly redistribute pax once we board and the capability for queen beds is one factor to consider.

When you board, check the arrangement of the four cabins. If not what you want, ask the stewards if they can be changed to what you want.

Only then consider trading spaces.

When you board, check the arrangement of the four cabins. If not what you want, ask the stewards if they can be changed to what you want.

Only then consider trading spaces.

I get it, "Trust (the deck plan) but verify (with the stewards)."

Thanks Caribill!

Archived