Toddler Wrist bands

kmp70

Anyone that has traveled with Toddlers, do they require them to

wear any special wrist bands or anything for the duration of the cruise?

My DS-3.5 doesn't enjoy having anything worn on his wrists..

We are on a Carnival cruise in 2 weeks...

They are issued a wristband at muster (in theory) under X age, which goes all the way down to 6 months.

If you explain that he can't go back to Camp w/o the wristband, and leave out the bit that they'll replace it, it may work out. Also, once he discovers that he can slide it off, you can change hands to avoid any actual physical irritation. (Heck, I wouldn't want to wear the thing for a week straight either!) In any case, Camp will put on a new wristband as he arrives if necessary.

Also, if you go to the intro on the first night, whoever presents will most likely tell the kids that the wristband entitles them to free ice cream all week long.

(FYI, in case you don't know: the basic ice cream is free anyway.)

My kids got them at muster on Carnival. My son hates having things like that on too. He won't even do stamps on his skin. He didn't mind having that put on though and actually wore it for a few weeks after the cruise. It's too tight to pull over their hand, but didn't seem to bother them.

Yes they are required as a security measure. The bands have the child's muster station written on them.

When my son was 6 months they put it on his ankle and it slipped off within 30 minutes. However, he wasn't old enough for camp so it didn't matter.

DD4 took hers off the first night and Camp Carnival never replaced it. We didn't bother with is since the only time we were away from her was when she was in Camp Carnival and our cabin shared the same muster station as Camp Carnival due to proximity. So, in the horrible case where we had to find her in an emergency, we would all go to the same muster station anyway. Also, our cabin number was written on her clipped-on Camp Carnival ID (which I guess could fall off).

Yep Carnival does - you can try the ankle. My daughter who has issues with stuff like that - she wouldn't want them to put the bracelet on and ironically enough I would have to cut it off of her a month later (while she slept) because she would refuse to remove it.

When we took our DS on his first cruise he was 17 months old. He wouldn't let them put the wrist band on him at all. They let us put one on his stroller and on his diaper bag (and gave us an extra one). They said as long as we had one with us at all times that it was fine.

On Carnival, DS had to wear it at all times. They will let you put it on an ankle if the child objects to wearing it on his wrist. I like the idea that the wrsitband entitles them to a "privilege" like ice cream or playing int he kids club. On NCL, they only need a wristband while they are in the kids program, it serves as their badge while there - and they are the kind w/ a snap to put on and take off. Whenever DS went to the kids club, he would immediately ask for his "bracelet" to let him go play.

Archived