Solstice - Anyplace to store carry on before cabins available?

Cookie77

I'm going on the Solstice Med. cruise from Barcelona and would like to get back off the ship to explore a bit. I do not want to drag my carry on bag along with me but seem to remember having to wait around awhile before our stateroom was available. I may end up not even taking a carry on this time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Against rules and regulations (and I'm sure some will criticize us) we have on occasion dropped off our carry-ons (minus any valuables) and placed them in our cabin closet before the cabins 'officially' opened. We put them in the closet to keep them out of the way in case the room is still being worked on. If we can find him/her we let our room steward know. We do this only if we really want to get back off the ship right away. Be advised that sometimes they prop the doors open as they clean, so do this at your own risk.

Lately the elevators have been blocked from going to passenger floors (allowing access to the buffet areas) and also fire doors have been closed. Back-to-back passengers have not even been able to access their staterooms until the official "opening" time as announced on the loudspeaker. So I wouldn't count on being able to take anything to a stateroom ahead of time.

Archived