Using personal iPhones while onboard

On the FOS last summer i remember seeing a couple signs by the Guest Relations desk advertising to use your smrt phones on board affordable, or something along those lines... I have AT&T and I'm wondering how much it would cost (relatively) to use my iPhone onboard, text messages, primarily...

Thanks for your help :)

On the FOS last summer i remember seeing a couple signs by the Guest Relations desk advertising to use your smrt phones on board affordable, or something along those lines... I have AT&T and I'm wondering how much it would cost (relatively) to use my iPhone onboard, text messages, primarily...

Thanks for your help :)

AT&T charges $2.49 per minute for calls, $0.25 per outgoing text message, incoming text messages are per your domestic plan. Be very careful about data though. Make sure you turn data roaming off, else you could be in for some very large charges.

I put an an international text messaging plan on my phone before I left and removed it the next month so that I could text message a little more freely. I think I did turn the data off or at least all the email accounts and other things that 'pull' data.

I will suggest that we keep some pressure on RCCL to develop an on board app we can use- assuming that you can turn off your phone service and leave on wi-fi- I was suggesting an app that can deliver similar information as the digital boards as seen on the Oasis and Allure.

Maybe start with an digital compass, and then slowly add features that tell you where you are, give some information about dining crowds, etc. And maybe allow device to device on board communication of some type.

It's not that hard to allow wifi only on board and be able to switch a main interent connection so that you can continuously use something like this, and not wrack up phone, texting, or interenet charges (that I really don't want to keep that much in touch with anyway- it's a vacation... :D )

I was on Oasis in November and they were renting IPHones for 50.00 each for the week. We could only call our friends on the ship and text unlimited, free of charge. They also offer DECT phones for 30.00 for the week. The only difference is no apps. We opted for the DECT phones because I was scared to death of losing the IPHONE! The penalty was ridiculous.

It was funny when we were on the elevator talking on our "cell phones" to our friends onboard. I think people thought we were rich or something chatting away and not worried about time.

I have AT&T as well with unlimited text. It was next to nothing to text back and forth all week. Just turn it on airplane mode!!!

Archived