What Do You Do Immediately After Embarkation?

Cheeky

My wife and I go to our cabin.....and since there are many prudes hangin' around, I'll let you figure out the rest (marriage is GREAT is you work at it!)

UH HUH!! We are still newlyweds, so that's our first stop.

Lido deck for cerveza or other drink

Explore the ship

Eat

Another drink

Muster drill

Grab a good spot for sailaway

Wave GOODBYE to the commonfolk (for a week, at least). :D

I'm not married and I cruise with a girlfriend...so much for the shaggin'! :(

But we do have a tradition to be DRUNK BY MUSTER!!

Muster is much better with a buzz on....I agree!! :D

I'm not married and I cruise with a girlfriend...so much for the shaggin'! :(

You've got that backwards I think :p

So far, we've been lucky enough to always be among the first 50 on board, in one case we were literally the first on board after a wedding party! :)

Anyway, we head off to the lido deck, hit the bathroom (priorities, you know, especially after waiting for 2+ hours to get on board ;) ), then go get something to eat. Then we immediately flag down a cocktail waitperson to get the cruise really started! :D I needs my foo-foo drink...

I am nearly 43....20 years ago it would have been a much different story :rolleyes: ...those were the days ;)

Now, we are in our 50's and we don't need to think about 20 years ago we only think about yesterday. You must be doing something wrong if you have to think about 20 years ago. :eek: Besides it relaxes you enough to allow for the nap before muster.

Now, we are in our 50's and we don't need to think about 20 years ago we only think about yesterday. You must be doing something wrong if you have to think about 20 years ago. :eek: Besides it relaxes you enough to allow for the nap before muster.

No, nothing wrong here. Don't worry for me.... ;) LOL

The difference between 20 something and 40 something is quantity vs quality. I prefer quality myself...but it is nice to reminisce :D

I've been nostaligic lately.

We generally drop the bags, grab a drink with an umbrella and head as far forward as possible to watch the sail away and watch the world go by. Is there any better feeling. Almost forgot, we grab a light jacket also, we always sail in Jan. ;)

I cant help it but the first thing I do is get a souviner cup with the drink of the day. I have 10 of those stupid cups. I have know clue why I buy them either. I guess I just get so excited I dont think rationally.......:D

halos, you've always impressed me as a "break in the mattress" kind of gal. :p :rolleyes:

I hope you took a bungee cord to keep the beds together. They seem to seperate at the most inopertune times. But watch when they snap back, one might get a body part caught.

1. drop bags in cabin

2. obtain and drink pina colada

3. check w/ matire d' to make sure I'm not seated with "the Brady Bunch"

4. obtain bucket of beer

5. make supper club reservations

6. hit the buffet

7. finish bucket of beer on deck - repeat as needed!

I hope you took a bungee cord to keep the beds together. They seem to seperate at the most inopertune times. But watch when they snap back, one might get a body part caught.

That's too funny :D!! My husband has already put in his "request" for as much adult time as possible, of course ;). I also agree with the OP that a good buzz is essential for the muster drill. Hubby was blitzed last time and it was a riot. That was in California in the winter- I can't even imagine how HOT it'll be in Miami in July :eek:.

That's too funny :D!! My husband has already put in his "request" for as much adult time as possible, of course ;). I also agree with the OP that a good buzz is essential for the muster drill. Hubby was blitzed last time and it was a riot. That was in California in the winter- I can't even imagine how HOT it'll be in Miami in July :eek:.

LOL!!

That reminds me of my very first cruise. We went with quite a group! All of us were pretty 'gone' by the muster drill. As we sat there with life vests on, one of the girls started talking about the ship sinking and sharks in the water. She was so totally smashed. She started to panic and said, "if the sharks get me I hope they don't bite off chunks!"...and then she screamed (very loudly) "EAT ME WHOLE!!!"

I nearly wet myself.

The people at our muster station who were not drunk, were not amused. :eek:

(we were all very young then :o )

LOL!!

That reminds me of my very first cruise. We went with quite a group! All of us were pretty 'gone' by the muster drill. As we sat there with life vests on, one of the girls started talking about the ship sinking and sharks in the water. She was so totally smashed. She started to panic and said, "if the sharks get me I hope they don't bite off chunks!"...and then she screamed (very loudly) "EAT ME WHOLE!!!"

I nearly wet myself.

LOL!!! GREAT story!!!

1) Lido Deck - Obtain drink of the day (yup....souvenir cup! I hve a bunch and like using them from time to time :) )

2) Check out cabin

3) See Maitre D and check out table assignment

4) make spa appointments

5) check out ship

6) Read Capers/ highlight anything I MUST do

7) have a rest somewhere before dinner

- insert refreshing beverage in between any of the above as necessary

LOL!!

I nearly wet myself.

In the famous words of "Larry The Cable Guy", "That's funny right thar, I don't care who ya are!"

See, even more reasons why it's better to join 'em instead of trying to beat 'em.

In the famous words of "Larry The Cable Guy", "That's funny right thar, I don't care who ya are!"

See, even more reasons why it's better to join 'em instead of trying to beat 'em.

Ya'll think it's funny and you're at work... sober....you can't imagine how funny that is when you're drunk. :D

The rest of us were laughing so hard, we were all in tears. The crew was not amused either and the more we tried to straighten ourselves up, the harder we laughed.

It was a lot of fun for sure.

Someone on a different post complained about all of the passengers drunk at muster - I'm glad to see here that there are many others that know that is the only way to tolerate yet another muster drill! The first things we do are to get as much food, alcohol, and sun as possible on the Lido deck!:p

LOL!!

I nearly wet myself.

The people at our muster station who were not drunk, were not amused.

I laughed so hard at that one, my boss just came in my office and asked if I was alright.

Guess I better keep it down since I'm at work. Maybe I should actually work........nah, talking about cruising is so much more enjoyable. :D

Last year we went to the Lido Deck for lunch and then to our rooms, we were in our rooms and relaxing by 2pm.

When we leave Saturday I guess we'll check out the ship, have a snack, maybe try the room and then meet up with the other CC members on our ship.

LOL!!

I've gotta say, that's an ALL TIME CLASSIC! Too funny ~ I look like an idiot here, laughing to myself.

LOL @ EAT ME WHOLE!

I think I would have messed with her. I think I would have pointed out the shark in the water and informed her that they only swim in circles like that when they're hungry. And after all, I should know. I'm a marine biologist. ;) Too bad what happened to my first husband. Nasty old shark left me a widow! And to only bury half the body... That was the worse!

LOL

I remember coming back from the muster drill once. Two daughters and their mother were in the hallway. Mary-Catherine. Mary-Elizabeth. And Mary-Margaret. (Hope you caught the subtleties in that one) I'm talking PLASTERED. And they kept telling me not to tell anyone back home ~ though had no clue who they were. They were all embarrassed that they couldn't walk straight and had to hold onto the wall! LOL ... Every time we saw them after that, we'd greet them: Hi Mary-Margaret. And every time we greeted them, they'd blush ten shades of red. It was great! LOL :D

Archived