Sensation or Paradise or Neither?

TravelGal22

I haven't been on the Paradise yet, but I have been on the Sensation several times since we live so close to Port Canaveral. She's an older ship but she's clean and in good repair. We always enjoy our cruises on the Sensation. As with most shorter cruises you're going to get a lot more obnoxious people but usually nothing you can't get away from. You have to take a lot of the reviews with a grain of salt.

I have been on the Sensation and the Elation which is the same class of ship as the Paradise as well ( all of them are Sister Ships) .....they are great Ships I have had a great time on them...the layout is a bit confusing but once you learn how to get around it you wont have a problem with it.

You really have not explained what your concerns were... with that said I would go on the Cruise without any hesitations

Concern are sewage smells, ship in need of repair and food not that great.

Nonsense, but I dont spend my time on a ship to notice there might be a pulled thread on the carpet or a tile might be loose around the pool

I can't speak to the "sewage smell" stuff that people report, because I've never smelled it on a cruise I've taken (not that I've been on THAT many).

As for the food, it's going to be more or less the same.

I personally have not encountered any of those, although we did have a strong cigarette smoke smell in our last porthole cabin (M5). I do think that food tastes are subjective, but we've always had great meals on the Sensation, both on Lido and in the MDR. She is very "purple" themed but I thought the color scheme was kind of nice. To each his own, I suppose. I think you'd have a wonderful time on either ship.

I did not notice any smells.......The Ship are older Ships but kept up and dry docked every few years.....for the most part the food is good to great...you will definitely have your choices if you find something you dont like try something else....

Well the Sensation goes to the Bahamas and the Paradise goes to Cozumel. We've been to Cozumel but not the Bahamas and now I'm reading reviews that it is not that nice. Any opinions on that?

I've been to both, and Cozumel is less developed in the immediate port area than Nassau, but Nassau is much more annoying. Cozumel isn't nearly as crowded by pushy people trying to sell you stuff as soon as you step off the ship.

EDIT: Just saw you said you HAVE BEEN to Cozumel. Well, Nassau sucks if that sums it up for you.

I've been to both, and Cozumel is less developed in the immediate port area than Nassau, but Nassau is much more annoying. Cozumel isn't nearly as crowded by pushy people trying to sell you stuff as soon as you step off the ship.

EDIT: Just saw you said you HAVE BEEN to Cozumel. Well, Nassau sucks if that sums it up for you.

Thank you for your blunt honest. Maybe I should forget the Sensation and go with the Paradise which goes to Cozumel. Any body have anything to say about the Paradise?

I"ve been on the Sensation and she was just fine- no smells, the food was great and it was older, but meticulously maintained (hey, just because we're old, doesn't mean we're not in PERFECT working condition!!! ;))

I've booked a trip for 6 weeks TODAY (YAY!!!) on Paradise because that's my home port and because I've sailed on most of her sister ships and loved them. Having said that, Sensation has already gone through the 2.0 upgrade so you might like that.

I've been to Nassau several times and it has its pluses and minuses. if you haven't been, there is always something interesting to do.

So I don't think either ship will hurt you on your cruise- just decide what ports you want to visit, where you want to embark and make the call.

In interest of full disclosure, I'd recommend you go to Nassau at least once. Just because I hate it doesn't mean that you will.

We did a Half Moon Cay/Nassau/Freeport itinerary on the Ecstasy. Freeport (in our opinion) was the worst port we've been to. I'm still glad to say I can add it to the list of places I've been, though.

Lol...we've been to Nassau so many times we actually cross the street in the middle of moving traffic, just like the locals do:eek:

The straw market is not as bad as it once was, since they redid (is that even a word?) it. There are some nice places to see in Nassau, like the aquarium at Atlantis.

I"ve been on the Sensation and she was just fine- no smells, the food was great and it was older, but meticulously maintained (hey, just because we're old, doesn't mean we're not in PERFECT working condition!!! ;))

I've booked a trip for 6 weeks TODAY (YAY!!!) on Paradise because that's my home port and because I've sailed on most of her sister ships and loved them. Having said that, Sensation has already gone through the 2.0 upgrade so you might like that.

I've been to Nassau several times and it has its pluses and minuses. if you haven't been, there is always something interesting to do.

So I don't think either ship will hurt you on your cruise- just decide what ports you want to visit, where you want to embark and make the call.

Sensation has not had the 2.0 upgrades. Only the Liberty has them so far.

We've sailed on most of the Fantasy class ships....and I have to say we keep coming back to The Sensation. The crew has always been wonderful and helped make our cruises very nice. I'm thinking of booking another soon, as I am always afraid they will pull her to another port.

I understand that sometimes during the latter part of the cruises there can be a smell..however I also beleive that people on the lower decks tend to notice this a bit more. We have never had a problem with this smell on any of the ships. We always book the highest deck, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I understand the Paradise has not had the upgrades that some of the other ships have. We have been to both ports several times and I guess I honestly prefer The Bahamas to Cozumel. Really enjoyed The Caymans, and I think the Paradise has a five day that includes this port.

Also, you might want to consider the port of embarkation....we prefer Port Canaveral as they seem to have embarkation and debarkation down to a science. Parking is right there at the terminal....To me, Tampa leaves a lot to be desired in this area.

The Sensation is older, and does not have all the things that the new ships have, but that is part of her charm.. now I think I have talked myself into checking on some dates and fares!:)

We did the Sensation Cruise last December so it was recent to Freeport and Nassau...we liked Nassau it has some pretty cool history the straw market was being rebuilt from the fire and it seemed like it was going to be pretty nice....we did not like Freeport that much but still had a good time there ...we went to beach and rented some scooters...

I have not been to Cozumel so I cant Judge the difference

Which ever you choose I'm sure you will have a blast....Its all about walking on the ship with a open mind and remembering your on Vacation and you will have a great time....:)

Archived