Air Tran now taking bookings up to Jan 4th 2013

Lydia B.

Simply an FYI, I noticed that AirTran (although they said they were NOT going to post future flights until around 6/21) has opened their future bookings until 1/4/13 for those of you looking. I put in dates mid December for Columbus to Ft. Lauderdale and it was...wait for it, not good.....over $900 are they crazy!!! 8 times what we paid last year for February...but just thought I would let folks know. Lydia of Ohio

These days, theres very little advantage to book with the likes of Air Tran. Fares are usually the same if not higher than regular airlines.

And before someone says how they love Southwest because they dont charge for checked luggage, enjoy it while it lasts. Southwest has continued charging for checked luggage on Air Tran even after they acquired them, and when interviewed, they said that the charge may continue once the two airlines are fully consolidated.

To make things worse, Southwest is getting rid of Air Tran's 88 Boeing 717's. The consolidated airline will have less capacity than the two separate airlines.

Air Tran gone + less airplanes = HIGHER fares....:(

We booked southwest this morning. I'm happy with what we got, but it's still expensive. $400/person from Akron, Ohio to Fort Lauderdale with a connection in Chicago. My parents flying in for the same cruise got $300/person nonstop from Philly to Fort Lauderdale. So jealous of them.

i have always found that booking to soon results in higher fares

found the best deals are within 90-60 days out

my i suggest you use something like fare watcher plus

we planned at trip to aulani ( disney / hawaii ) aire fare was 1200 r/t and some of our party booked it as it was 6 mos out... just booked it for 867 85 day out

I have some credits from Southwest to use from a flight that I cancelled Feb 9, 2012. I tried to use them today for a flight January 4 2013 but it won't take them.

This is the first time I've had credits. Does anybody know how this works? I thought they were good for 1 year?

Bill

Archived